Introducing Drum Tools 02, the definitive drum sample library for electronic music production.
A labour of love spanning 2 years, Drum Tools 02 delivers over 3,500 electronic drum samples and percussive hits, each carefully crafted from the ground-up using an array of drum machines, analogue synths, foley recordings and acoustic sound sources; processed individually on a sound-by-sound basis using a boutique collection of high-end outboard gear...
Pushing the boundaries of contemporary sound design, Drum Tools 02 delivers a unique collection of next-generation, production ready drums for modern electronic music production; an essential toolkit for Techno, EDM, DnB, Dubstep, Deep House, Trap, Electronica and everything in-between.
For added character, warmth and punch, selected samples have been re-recorded to ½ inch analogue tape via an Ampex ATR-102 analogue tape machine.
What's included in the sample pack?:
- 3,557 24-bit, 100% royalty-free drum hits arranged into 3 main sections:
Processed Drum Section:
- 2029 processed drum and percussive hits - enhanced and layered individually on a sound-by-sound basis using our extensive collection of high-end hardware processors and sound shaping tools:
- 450 unique bass drums arranged by type across 6 sub-folders: 'classic kicks', 'deep & minimal', 'fat & punchy', 'heavy and EDM', 'processed machines' and 'short & snappy'.
- 225 luxurious claps arranged across 3 sub-folders: 'processed machines', 'stacked & layered' and 'synthetic & noise'.
- 100 crash cymbals & rides.
- 192 hi-hats arranged across 3 sub folders: 'classic hats', 'metallic & synthetic' and 'noise, acoustic & layered'.
- 343 electronic percussion sounds arranged by type across 6 sub-folders: 'analogue & nu-perc', 'blips, pops & snaps', 'blocks & cowbells', 'clicks, sticks & rims', 'deep & dissonant' and 'hand drum & tribal'.
- 240 acoustic percussion sounds arranged by type across 5 sub-folders: 'bongo & conga', 'claves, blocks & bells', 'hand drums', 'shakers & sticks' and 'timbale'.
- 77 glitch & abstract percussion hits.
- 282 snare drums arranged by type across 4 sub-folders: 'layered snares', 'lo-fi & gritty', 'noise & synthetic' and 'processed machines'.
- 120 toms & tones.
Tape Processed Section:
- 1528 24-bit tape processed drum and percussive hits.
- Identical in folder structure to the processed drum section, the 'tape drums' folder includes a selection of samples bounced through ½ inch Analogue Tape for added character, tone, warmth and punch.
- 1528 Tape processed drum samples with multiple saturation levels and vari-speed pitches, recorded via a classic Ampex ATR-102 analogue tape machine.
The drum kits folder contains a number of ready-to-play drum kits, conveniently mapped to the following software sampler formats:
- Battery 3 – 79 kits.
- Halion - 79 kits.
- Kontakt - 79 kits.
- NN-XT - 79 kits.
- SFZ - 79 kits.
- EXS24 - 79 kits.
Produced by Dan Byers of Wave Alchemy, with additional production by Matt Urmenyi and Garrett Rowland.
Please Note: An Ableton Live 9 pack and additional 'vinyl processed' drums will be released as a free upgrade to all Drum Tools 02 customers on the 14th Jan 2016.