The EQ2 Programmable EQ is the follow-up to Source Audio's popular Programmable EQ, a multi-preset, MIDI controllable pedal that landed on the boards of numerous pro guitarists.
The EQ2 Programmable EQ is a combination graphic and parametric equalizer pedal with 10 adjustable frequency bands, stereo inputs and outputs, 4,8, or 128 onboard user presets (depending on the preset mode), full MIDI compatibility, 5-pin MIDI DIN input and thru jacks, a master volume with an additional 12dB of boost, plus an onboard noise gate, dynamic limiter, and chromatic tuner. The pedal flaunts sleek, modern hardware with a crystal-clear LED screen, simple control surface, and on-the-fly preset switching capabilities.
In addition to its highly flexible onboard options, the EQ2 is compatible with Source Audio's Neuro Mobile App (a free download for iOS and Android) and Neuro Desktop Editor (a free download for Mac and Windows machines). This advanced software provides a simple and visually comprehensive view of the parametric EQ controls with adjustable frequency center point and Q factor ("Q") on all 10 bands. The Neuro Editors also offer a huge collection of highly detailed preset creation tools as well as the ability to download and share EQ2 presets with the ever-growing Neuro Community.
The EQ2 offers an expanded collection of stereo signal routing options, including mono to stereo, stereo to stereo, and the ability to split the signal and simultaneously run two discrete EQ presets (one for each stereo output). It also includes an external loop option with the ability to place EQ settings before, after, or both before and after the effects pedal in the loop.
The topside of the pedal features a pair of jacks compatible with external controllers and software. Its USB port connects with the Neuro Desktop Editor for advanced editing possibilities and firmware updates. It also receives MIDI program change (PC) and continuous controller (CC) messages from a digital audio workstation (DAW). Additionally, the USB port now supports two-way communication with Apple or Android mobile devices. The EQ2's 1/8" CONTROL INPUT jack connects with either the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal for simultaneous expression control of up to four parameters, or the Source Audio Tap Switch for channel swapping, preset scrolling, tuner access, and parameter changes. This is also the connection jack for Source Audio's Neuro Hub. The Neuro Hub smoothly incorporates the EQ2 into the greater Source Audio ecosystem.
- 4-8 Onboard Presets: Edit, save, and scroll between 4 onboard presets, or 8 presets in Preset Extension Mode.
- 10 Band Graphic Equalizer: Use the EQ2's 10 adjustable frequency bands ranging from 31Hz to 16kHz with 18dB boost or cut to sculpt the perfect tone.
- Parametric Equalization Capabilities: Use the onboard controls or the Neuro Editor to adjust the frequency position and Q of each frequency bands.
- Simple 1-Knob Control Panel: A sleek pedal calls for a sleek control set. EQ2 is armed with a single, do-it-all encoder mode that is rotated, pressed, or held in different situations for ultimate flexibility.
- Growing Library of Published Presets: For quick access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and the ever-growing Neuro Community.
- Unprecedented Sound Sculpting Options: The powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (Free download for Mac and Windows) and Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) offer maximum sound exploration and editing possibilities.
- 128 MIDI Accessible Factory Presets – The addition of a third party MIDI controller provides access to any of the pedal's 128 presets as well as direct control of frequency bands, signal routing, output level, and more.
- Stereo Inputs and Outputs: Use the Neuro Editor's routing options in conjunction with Split Mode to get the most out of EQ2's flexibility.
- Compact Design – The durable, anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and sturdy hardware. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs).
- Universal Bypass – Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
- USB Port - Class compliant USB-MIDI allows the EQ2 to work as a plug-and-play device with recording software running on Mac and Windows recording software or any third party MIDI controller with USB host. The USB port also offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor providing access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
- Two Way Mobile Communication – Brand new to the EQ2, the USB port now supports mobile connection, allowing for two-way communication between the Neuro App and your pedal. This also frees up the pedal's Input 2 jack for other use purposes.
- External Expression and Switching Control — Use the Control Input jack with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal (expression control to multiple parameters) or Tap Switch (scroll presets and toggle settings).