Designed in conjunction with acclaimed musician Adrian Belew, FLUX:FX play is a creative multi-effect processor app for the iPhone and iPod that lets you 'play' your effects. Built on the same audio platform as the master iPad app, 'FLUX:FX play' is for creative musicians and sound designers to manipulate an audio signal into something new, both in the studio or on stage. Guitar, vocals, bass, synth, drums, DJ setup, violin... basically ANY instrument or sound source can be processed in real-time by 'FLUX:FX play', and there are 282 performance presets to choose from.
Important note, please read: the main difference between 'FLUX:FX' and 'FLUX:FX play' is that the iPhone version does not contain the full deep editing features for the effects and sequencer. It CAN however share the exact same performance presets, and so you can in fact create custom presets on your iPad version and import them into 'FLUX:FX play' via Dropbox. This app is compatible with iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus and iPod Touch 6.
Some key features of FLUX:FX play:
- Creative Effects: 31 studio-quality effects built-in. Up to 5 are chained together within the many performance presets for maximum aural impact. Almost 300 performance presets are included in the app, ranging from subtle, transparent & traditional through to 'way out there', obnoxious & destructive.
- Powerful Sequencer: A step sequencer is programmed into many of the performance presets, adding a completely new and fluid dimension to the sound.
- Transparent Interface Design: 'FLUX:FX play' has a minimalist interface with easy-to-use controls that are MADE to be touched. And swiped, and dragged, and tapped. No fake road-worn pedal graphics or tiny dials here.
- Made By Experts: conceived and created via the combined talents of guitarist extraordinaire Adrian Belew, audio software developers ElephantCandy and mobile specialists MOBGEN.
- Plays With Everything: Audiobus compatibility, Inter-App Audio compatibility, MIDI, virtually all the audio interfaces... they just work with 'FLUX:FX play'.
- Ultra Low Latency: 'FLUX:FX play' features very low-latency settings to give truly professional performance capabilities.
There are 31 individual effect blocks that come built-in to the 'FLUX:FX play' engine:
- STUTTER LOOP.
- REVERSE LOOP.
- LOOP SLICE.
- SAMPLE SCRATCH.
- ULTRA EQ.
- KILL EQ.
- LOWPASS FILTER.
- HIGHPASS FILTER.
- BANDPASS FILTER.
- RESONANT DRONE.
- PITCH DELAY.
- OCTAVE SHIFT.
- RING MODULATE.
- AUTO PAN.
- DIGITAL DELAY.
- BINAURAL DELAY.
- TAPE ECHO.
- SCATTER VERB.
Plus an optional master LIMITER to keep all the sonic chaos in check.
"This app is really, really fun. It is instantly gratifying, and perfect for any creative musician. FLUX:FX play is truly an audio ideas machine." - Adrian Belew: the world's greatest experimental whammy twang bar, czar rhino, stunt guitarist extraordinaire. With a resume that includes Zappa, Bowie, Nine Inch Nails, King Crimson, Talking Heads, Paul Simon and Tori Amos, Adrian is famous for pushing the boundaries of music-making in both technical and tonal exploration.