Formant Classic is a replica of the Elektor Formant DIY (Do It Your self) synthesizer of 1977/78 developed by C. Chapman. It is a Semi Modular Subtractive Synthesizer, available as standalone EXE or VSTi plug-in for Windows.
- Replica+ of the Legendary Elektor Formant.
- Semi Modular Subtractive Synthesis concept.
- 3xVCO, 2xVCF, 2xADSR, 1xVCA, 1xRFM, 3xLFO, 1xNOISE, 1xCOM(scope) modules.
- Keyboard interface with Flexible MIDI controller assignment.
- Mono, Poly and Unison voice selection.
- Key latch, Portamento and legato play mode.
- Velocity sensitive ADSRs.
- Delay and Chorus effects.
- Suitable for educational purposes.