|Type / Tags||DitherDithering|
Windows 7+, 64-bit Only
OS X 10.7+, 64-bit Only
What is Good Dither?
A very good dither that's very easy to work with. Set it on "Optimal," and it will optimize the dither and noise shaping for any combination of bit depth and sample rate:
- Smooth, perceptually optimized noise shaping.
- Designed for all sample rates.
- Auto blanking when input is silent.
- Simple controls.
When should I use dither?
Every time you reduce the audio bit depth you should dither to prevent distortion and quantization error. 24-bit → 16-bit, 32-bit → 24-bit — any time you reduce the word length.
If this dither is so good, why isn't it more expensive?:
- We feel that you shouldn't need to spend hundreds on a utility tool essential for anyone who works with digital audio.
- We want to reward Goodhertz customers with inexpensive utility plugins. Good Dither is the first plugin in our "Good" series, and we'll be adding lots more in the future.
Is this the same Goodhertz Dither that Audiofile features in Triumph?
Correct! This dither algorithm was originally developed for use in Audiofile's Triumph app, so the differences between the Goodhertz Dither in Triumph 2.5+ and Good Dither are minimal.
Is Good Dither available for licensing?
It is! If you'd like to license Good Dither for your app, contact us.