|Product||Groove Drum Synth|
|Type / Tags||Drum SynthDJ-Style GroovesDrum GeneratorDrum KitsGroove SamplerGroover|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Groove Drum Synth is available as a VSTi / AU plugin and standalone application. Its architecture combines a sequencer, a sampler, a synthesizer and the randomization tool of Groove Drums that allows you to create easily and intuitively grooves and drums loops.
The standalone version allows you to use the plugin without the need for a host sequencer and so be able to export drum loops independently.
The difference with Groove Drums is to affect the channels to a sampler and a synthesizer that allows you to create synthetic percussions.
- Pattern based drum machine engine + Sampler + Synthesizer.
- Innovative tool for randomization.
- Ability to export audio loops.
- 12 channels.
- 3 parametric filters per channel.
- 2 effect sends per channel.
- Independent outputs.
- 16 patterns of 64 steps per channel.
- Drag & Drop patterns.
- SCALE mode for velocity on the tune that selects the closest note in an editable range.
- Master equalizer and insert effects.
- Comes with Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Filter, Flanger, Limiter, Reverb and Overdrive.
- Comes with standalone version allows the use of the VSTi without the need for a host sequencer.
Reviewed By tommyzai
April 22, 2013
DISCLCLAIMER: I tend to write reviews like an advertizement, but I have no affiliation with IMEA.
Groove Drum Synth by IMEA Studio is an inspiring pattern-based drum machine that combines a sampler and synth to enable the user to create authentic sounds. It comes in both plugin and stand-alone, which is very convenient — especially when feeling a spark of creativity and working fast to get an idea down. IMEA has assembled many great features from an electronic musician's wish list and put them all into one exciting package: independent outputs, CPU efficient, drag n' drop, velocity paint tool, MIDI learn, loop export, filters, built-in effects (Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Filter, Flanger, Limiter, Reverb, etc.), effects sends, and lots of patterns and steps per channel. My favorite feature is the randomization tool, which helps to create unique rhythmic variations. For anyone who's a fan of iDrum and the likes, give Groove Drum Synth a go! In fact, anyone creating music electronically should give this a go! You get a lot of bang for the buck! Also, the developer is very responsive and quick to help and/or answer questions. Tommy Zai gives Groove Drum Synth two thumbs up. Great work IMEA.
FEATURE REQUESTS: more patterns, more steps per pattern, round robin layers, triplets.Read more