|Type / Tags||Drum KitsDrum SamplerDrumsGroove SamplerLoopsPercussionSample PlayerSample SequencerSampler/Sample PlayerSampling Drum Machine|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Groove Drums is a drum sequencer compatible Mac and Windows. Its architecture combines a sampler and an innovative and powerful tool that allows you to create easily and intuitively grooves and drums loops.
- Sequencer / sampler designed to generate percussion.
- Innovative tool for randomization.
- Ability to create audio loops.
- Drag & Drop patterns.
- 12 channels. Ability to 8 independent outputs.
- 16 patterns of 64 steps per channel.
- Equalizer, insertions and effects sends.
- Comes with Chorus, Compressor, Delay, Filter, Flanger, Limiter, Reverb and Overdrive.
Reviewed By robcder2
October 30, 2017
I have been looking for a Drum sequencer for some time that had certain essential features. I looked at both free products and commercial ones. What I wanted was the ability to quickly set up and experiment with rhythms and grooves with different samples and patterns, and easily export these to my DAW (FL Studio). I have found the Piano Roll in FL not particularly intuitive for Drums, and wanted to create patterns and loops internally with a VST, but have an easy option to transfer to FL's Samplers. I finally decided that IMEA Groove Drums was the best option for my needs. The most important of these were:
- Drag and Drop Samples.
- Scroll through Samples.
- Alter Velocity on Individual Drums.
- Create Numerous Patterns with Trigger Keys.
- Easy Export of Patterns.
When I tried Groove Drums, I found it could do all this....and more!.....in particular:
- Random Hits in Patterns which can be Changed, Saved or Deleted.
- Internal Effects for individual Samples.
- Export to MIDI File......and much more.
Most importantly it is really easy to Drag and Drop your patterns into FL's Piano Roll for further editing if required. (You can even drop the patterns onto the Piano Roll of a non-playing copy of Groove Drums!!). But it remains easy to use with a straightforward interface.
NONE of the commercial options (Some costing £250) could achieve all of this, and I would really recommend Groove Drums to anyone who wants to use a similar workflow to mine. There is a demo version, so it is easy to test it. I had one question for Dan about the MIDI Export and he was very helpful. (For FL users on Windows, I found that you had to run FL as an Administrator for the Drag and Drop export to work.)Read more