|Type / Tags||Composition ToolHarmonizer|
Harmony Improvisator is an advanced harmonic composition tool. It opens up the world of harmonic theory by making centuries-old knowledge uniquely transparent.
The Harmony Improvisator VST Plugin provides:
- Perfect harmonic improvisation.
- Composing with the rules of classical harmonic theory - no professional knowledge required.
- Complex cadences suitable for all styles of music.
- Unique concept of harmonic pattern sequencing.
- Automatic calculation of exciting harmonic suggestions.
- Critical time advantage for creating harmonic frames of songs, soundtracks, and arrangements.
The Harmony Improvisator plug-in is a completely new composition tool that makes the world of harmonic functions transparent to its users. According to Jonathan, the concept is way ahead of other chorder plugins, as knowledge of musical composition and harmonic theory, centuries old, is the foundation of its voicing and its database. It supports the musician in composing, improvising and creatively exploring harmony.
The mathematic logic of harmonic theory, which has evolved in the art of composition over centuries, is rarely emphasized in today's music software. Even the technique of many professional composers consists of investing a remarkable amount of time trying out different chords, which can be unsatisfactory. Improvisator shortens this phase of work and provides you the desired result quickly and accurately. Explore unusual chords and harmonic ideas by just clicking the mouse. Whether pop-music or choral - correct harmonic progression is now accessible in your VST host:
- Enlarge the harmonic diversity of your projects. Improvisator comes with a rich database of complex chords - the systematic naming of which relates to their function in a musical context. This offers practical access to every user from beginning musicians to professional composers.
- Improvisator automatically follows voicing rules (avoiding forbidden parallels, etc.).
- Improvisator independently calculates and provides harmonically reasonable and clever suggestions on how to proceed a train of harmonic functions. The user's creativity is stimulated and space for harmonic experimentation is opened.
- Provides practical support for free melody improvisation on a harmonic framework by splitting a MIDI keyboard and allowing transposition of the right hand to the actual key while the left hand can manually break the harmonies. A public database on www.Improvisator.de offers the opportunity to get new harmonic ideas from other musicians and to discuss harmonic progressions.
With Improvisator it is easy to create meaningful harmonic progressions and incorporate them into a project of any style.
The Improvisator Plugin knows the mathematical logic and rules of harmonic theory. A composer no longer has to learn functions and rules by heart to create a classically correct piece of music. It directly offers technically correct alternatives to proceed and makes clever suggestions. No more manual calculating of complicated voicings so the composer can fully concentrate on the creative part of his work.
Reviewed By MarcoT
February 11, 2008
Don't be mistaken by the (at first) somewhat confusing interface: it is very logical and well-layout. After fiddling around with it a bit, you'll grasp the logic of how the chord-progressions are built up. So you not only get the chords, but learn a bit of music-theory as well.
I've tried it using a few host-sequencers without problems and it seems very stable. I also had some questions for the developer and his response was very quick and clear, which is always nice.
The documentation is clear, although there could be somewhat more information to start with at first. But hey, you want to make music instead of reading manuals and the plugin is self-explainatory enough.
For the sound-part, since this plugin doesn't generate sound itself, this totally depends on the plugin your using for output. For the same reason there aren't any presets. You can save your chord-progressions though and exchange them with other users at the website using the online database. On the other hand, if you see the chords as preset, the possibilities are almost endless 'cause they're generated on the fly.
If you're into dance-music (like I am), use the plugin to create a nice chord-progression, add an arpeggiator, create a bassline based on the chords and you're ready for your next great track!
So, if you're looking for a plugin that delivers great chords for your new tracks, I'd say go for this one and be surprised!Read more