|Product||HDSPe MADI FX PCI Express card|
|Type / Tags||Network Audio|
|This is a Hardware product|
|Interfaces||PCI Express (PCIe)|
The HDSPe MADI FX is an audio interface that features 390 audio channels. Three MADI I/Os - two optical and one coaxial – are accompanied by one AES/EBU I/O and one analog monitoring output. To complete the feature set, a Word Clock connection and four MIDI I/Os were added. Only one PCIe slot is required on the motherboard, plus one free slot opening on the case. The HDPSe MADI FX introduces a newly developed modular Hammerfall Pro Audio Core. The high-tech core will process 3x as many channels as the channel count of the previous MADI flagship, while actually reducing the system load and enabling ultra-low latencies down to 32 samples on modern computers.
A new efficiency technology will automatically deactivate currently unused channels, so that they require no processing power or bandwidth. A simple stereo playback will not require any more performance than from a standard stereo audio card - despite the use of a professional mufti-channel system with almost 400 channels.
The new core technology is accompanied by a special version of TotalMix FX, which allows using the channel count in an efficient and practical manner. The addition of numerous performance optimizations ensures that the 4096-channel mixer of the MADI FX responds as smoothly as its 1800-channel counterpart in the Fireface UFX. A new and faster DSP allows for a greater number of EQs and compressors.
The layout of TotalMix enables ergonomic handling of the channels. An option makes it possible to visually hide unused channels. Complete "Hide setups" can be saved at any time, and switched with a mouse click, for example between the channel view of the drum mix and the full band setup.
The 192 kHz RME FX engine allows latency-free monitoring with numerous effects like EQs, Compressors, Reverb, and Echo rendered directly on the hardware of the card, independent from the DAW software in use.
The integrated TotalMix matrix conveniently allows the use of the card as a MADI router. Unlike most other router solutions, each channel can be routed individually - even with separate level settings for each routing.
RME's "Seamless Redundancy Operation" uses the cards' 3 MADI receivers to provide professional users with state-of-the-art fail safe operation. In SRO mode the card operates as single MADI input device, recording up to 64 channels. As soon as the current input fails the audio data received from one of the other two inputs is used. The audio data is not interrupted when switching to another input – and the card can use not only one, but two more sources for redundancy. No re-locking and synchronization to a different clock source is required, and the interruption caused by the external failure is minimized to a few samples.
The card also features SteadyClock, RME's active jitter suppression and the unique professional meter and analysis toolbox DIGICheck - including EBU R128 metering - as well as nearly identical operation of the card under Windows and Mac OS.
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
- 2.5 Gbps line speed.
- Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate).
- All settings changeable in real-time.
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control.
- Sync sources: MADI coaxial, MADI optical, AES/EBU, word clock, internal.
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock.
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock).
- Sample rate range: MADI: 32 kHz - 96 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz.
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs.
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems.
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool.
- Input word clock: Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), switchable termination.
- Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof.
- MIDI input and output: via two 5-pin DIN jacks.
- Stereo Monitor Output (Phones):
- Signal-to-Noise (DR): 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA @ 44.1 kHz.
- Channel separation: > 100 dB.
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS.
- Output impedance: 75 Ohm.
- Output level at 0 dBFS: +13 dBu.