The Horus Networked Audio Interface is the culmination of over 2 decades of making sure that Merging is the "Swiss Army Knife" of the media industry. It is a comprehensive audio router and format converter, a new benchmark in transparent Analogue to Digital conversion, one of the most pristine microphone pre-amplifiers available anywhere in the world and very importantly an input and output connection node to RAVENNA IP Audio Networks.
Horus is the primary new IO interface for Merging's audio software (Ovation4 and Pyramix8) and all Merging users can take full advantage of connection to the Horus unit, over RAVENNA Networks, using the MassCore Audio Engine. But, to stay true to the "Swiss Army Knife" ideology, Merging Technologies wants to provide the same opportunities to use this revolutionary new interface regardless of your choice of tool. So, Merging has also been designing a ASIO and CoreAudio driver which will allow for connection into the RAVENNA network, and the Horus interface, which means no matter what DAW or NLE you work with every day, Horus now provide you with the ultimate front end.
Horus Base Unit:
- Up to 182 inputs @1FS.
- Up to 202 outputs @1FS.
- Works from 44.1kHz to 192kHz (Premium up to DXD/DSD256).
- Signal routing from any input to any combination of outputs.
- Works as MADI/AES AD/DA for "standard" operation.
- Works in Ravenna mode to deliver all I/O through a network.
- Front panel touch screen for local access.
- Browser-based remote access using any web enabled device.
- Dual redundant power supply option.
- Modular design for analog and additional Digital I/O.
- Near-zero latency from in to out (<1ms).
AD8D (P) Analogue to Digital Converter module with Mic/Line Input:
- 8 x exceptionally transparent, Swiss designed pre-amplifiers.
- Remote/Local switch to Line Level on a per channel basis.
- Completely remote accessible for all parameter changes.
- Phantom Power/Phase/Low Cut switchable per channel.
- Better than 120dB dynamic range.
DA8 (P) Digital to Analogue Converter module:
- Auto-mute circuitry for "no-pop" power cycling.
- Digitally controlled trims for line up procedures.
- Dynamic range of 127dB (typ.).
- Easy to set dip switches for international operating levels.