A kalimba is a western interpretation of an African thumb piano. As with my other sample libraries, I have done my best to make the basis of my virtual kalimba be as faithful as possible to a performance with the real thing. However, I've also made it possible to stretch beyond what is physically possible and manipulate the sound in a variety of different ways, hence the play on the word "kaleidoscope".
There is a free version available.
- Finger & finger nail attacks.
- Note dampen samples.
- With & without sympathetic response.
- Reversed Samples.
- Stereo condenser microphones & mono vintage dynamic microphone.
- Up to 4x round robin.
- Effects (strumming, tapping).
- Dry samples, for maximum flexibility.
- Includes alternate builds that artificially extend the playable range, as well as one build that rearranges the samples to mimic the functionality of a conventional piano, a literal thumb piano.
- SFZ Format (Level 2.0+).
- 48 kHz/24-bit, WAV, Stereo/Mono.
- 781.7 MB on Disk (Full Version).