|Type / Tags||Midi Keyboard|
KB-1 is a expressive virtual MIDI keyboard designed for a multitude of scenarios.
With 5 distinct layouts, including classic Piano style keys and wheels, modern seaboard- and string-style layouts as well as scale & chord based layouts, KB-1 offers a wide range of play styles suitable for both, novice and experienced players.
In addition, KB-1 includes support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) which when paired with an MPE compatible instrument allows for multiple degrees of expression such as per note bends, vibrato and other tonal variations.
When used standalone, KB-1 can host up to 5 keyboards, each having dedicated settings and MIDI outputs making it easy to play multiple instruments simultaneously. With support for Inter-App MIDI as well as USB, Network and Bluetooth MIDI, destinations can be mixed and matched including hardware instruments, other apps or even plugins running on a desktop.
Since KB-1 is built as a AUv3 MIDI Extension, it integrates nicely with most AU hosts and DAWs providing access to MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), Chords, Scales and more where otherwise not available.
- 5 Keyboard Layouts.
- Multiple Rows per Keyboard.
- Multiple Octaves per Keyboard.
- 15+ Scales (for layouts that support scales).
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
- Standalone operation with multiple Keyboards and dedicated MIDI outputs per Keyboard.
- AUv3 MIDI Plugin.
- Classic (Piano Keys + Wheels).
- Uniform (Seaboard-style Keys and Layout).
- String (String-style Keys).
- Scale (Uniform layout with scale support).
- Chord (One key per chord for all scale degrees).
- Glide (horizontal).
- Slide (vertical).
- Velocity (mapped to y-axis).
- AUv3 MIDI Instrument.
- Inter-App MIDI.
- USB MIDI.
- BLE MIDI.
- Network MIDI.