|Type / Tags||MasteringDynamics (Compressor / Limiter)EQReverb|
|Copy Protection||Dongle (PACE iLok Smart Key)|
The MasterWorks Collection is an advanced audio plug-in bundle that includes three audio processors suitable for the most critical and demanding mixing situations.
- Three premium audio processors suitable for even the most demanding mixing situations.
- Accurate modeling.
- CPU-efficient performance.
- 32-bit and 64-bit internal floating point processing.
- Mono, stereo and surround channel configurations (with supporting host software).
- Share MasterWorks plug-in presets among different hosts.
MasterWorks EQ: Modeled British Analog EQ
Inspired by legendary British console EQs, the MasterWorks EQ delivers the look, feel and sound of the most sought-after classic analog equalizers.
Users can apply up to five bands of EQ filtering, each with four EQ types that provide popular modern EQ styles and vintage analog EQ styles alike. Each filter type uniquely handles the dynamic interaction between Gain and Q. This crucial relationship has been modeled to emulate the smooth and musical character of classic analog EQ circuits, in which the gain/Q dependency was dictated by the actual circuit design and electrical components used. The resulting filter types exhibit versatility, from minor corrective tasks to highly creative applications.
Two mid bands include shelf filtering, and two outside bands provide variable slope low- and high-pass filtering. A full-width graphic display allows users to click directly on the filter control points for total control and visual feedback of the EQ curve being applied. Users can also view a real-time FFT display of the audio material being EQ'd to immediately see the effects of the filter on the frequency content of the audio.
The MasterWorks EQ has been carefully crafted and meticulously engineered to produce satisfying, musical results in a wide variety of applications.
- Inspired by legendary British console EQs.
- Delivers the look, feel, and sound of the most sought-after classic analog equalizers.
- Carefully crafted and meticulously engineered to produce musical results in a variety of applications.
- Five bands of EQ filtering, each with four EQ types that provide current popular EQ styles and vintage analog EQ styles alike.
- Two mid bands with shelf filtering, plus two bands of variable slope low-pass and high-pass filtering.
- Drag control points on the graphic EQ curve for direct control and visual feedback of the filter.
MasterWorks Leveler: Vintage Automatic Gain Control
The MasterWorks Leveler is an accurate model of the legendary Teletronix LA-2A optical leveling amplifier, known for its unique and highly sought-after Automatic Gain Control (AGC) characteristics. Conventional compression and limiting do not apply here: the heart of the LA-2A is the T4 opto-coupler, a photoelectric device with almost magical (signal dependent) self- adjusting behavior that has made the LA-2A the tool of choice for smoothing out just about any audio material, from vocals to bass guitar to full-program mixes, without destroying perceived dynamics.
Thanks to CPU-efficient performance, users can freely apply the Leveler as needed to the elements of their mix.
To ensure the accuracy of the modeling, the Leveler's software controls match the front panel of the original LA-2A hardware: Gain Reduction, Makeup Gain, and Response knobs, along with Limiter and Compressor buttons, plus an accurately modeled VU meter that adheres to IEC standards. The MasterWorks Leveler model is so accurate, users need to give the plug-in a minute or two to warm up and "settle in" to its fully operational state, just like the real hardware. A menu option lets users save the "warm" state, without waiting.
The LA-2A hardware line evolved over the years, producing slightly different characteristics in each generation, so the MasterWorks Leveler also provides four different LA-2A models: Slow Vintage, Fast Vintage, Slow Modern, and Fast Modern.
- Accurate model of the legendary Teletronix LA-2A optical leveling amplifier, known for its unique and highly coveted signal dependent automatic gain control characteristics.
- Smoothes out any audio material, from vocals to bass guitar to full-program mixes, without destroying perceived dynamics.
- Matches the front panel of the original LA-2A, including an accurately modeled VU meter that adheres to IEC standards.
- Provides models of four different generations of the LA-2A: Slow Vintage, Fast Vintage, Slow Modern, and Fast Modern.
ProVerb: Realistic Acoustic Spaces
From soaring cathedrals to primordial forests, ProVerb is a CPU-efficient convolution reverb that delivers the sound of realistic acoustic spaces to any track or mix. Convolution is a process where the characteristics of a real acoustic space, such as a concert hall, sound stage or cathedral, are "sampled" (captured) and then faithfully reproduced, down to the last detail and nuance. Because it is sampled, not synthesized, convolution reverb is known for its realism, and it is widely considered to be the best type of reverb that money can buy.
ProVerb delivers convolution reverb with CPU-efficient performance and real-time parameter adjustment. Dozens of preset acoustic spaces (impulse responses) are included, from halls and stages, to plates and cathedrals. For many presets, a sub-menu provides different locations within the space. For example, the cathedral preset sub-menu lets users choose the alter, front pew, middle pew, or back pew. Many presets also offer left, center, and right positions, so users can spread different elements of their mix.
ProVerb's factory presets sound particularly rich and acoustically accurate because both the impulse responses (sampled spaces) and the ProVerb convolution engine process four separate channels for stereo processing: two channels (left and right) for the left side and two channels for the right side.
Users can simply drag and drop any standard audio file into ProVerb's waveform display to add their own presets. Many "impulse response" (IR) audio files can be purchased or downloaded for free on the internet. Any audio material can be used as an impulse response, often producing unpredictable and interesting effects appropriate for sound design applications.
ProVerb is heavily optimized so that all parameters can be adjusted in real time, even when modifying the impulse response waveform. What might take 10-15 seconds in other convolution products occurs almost immediately in ProVerb, as you adjust a parameter. Users can quickly sculpt their sound with predelay, damping, four bands of EQ, and wet/dry mix.
ProVerb includes a unique Dynamic Mix feature that automatically "ducks" the wet signal as the dry input signal rises, then raises the wet mix as the dry signal level subsides. Properly tuned, this feature functions just like a mix engineer expertly "riding" the wet/dry mix control during playback.
ProVerb supports six different channel format variations, including mono-to-stereo, stereo-to-stereo, and even stereo-to-surround and surround-to-surround.
- Advanced CPU-efficient convolution reverb.
- Delivers the sound of real acoustic spaces to any track or mix with authenticity.
- Includes dozens of preset spaces including, plates, rooms, stages, halls, cathedrals, and more.
- Drag & drop any standard audio file into ProVerb's waveform display to add your own spaces.
- Processor-efficient performance.
- Heavily optimized for real-time adjustment of all parameters, with no waiting for recalculations.
- Quickly sculpt your sound with predelay, damping, EQ and four wet/dry mix modes.
- Unique Dynamic Mix feature automatically "ducks" the wet signal as the dry input signal rises.
- Supports surround (both stereo-to-surround and surround-to-surround).