|Type / Tags||Utility|
XP or greater
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
the plug-in management toolbox specially designed to work with Cakewalk by BandLab and/or Sonar DAWs (Platinum, X3, X2, etc.). Its powerful toolset enables you to analyze, fix issues and organize your plug-ins (VST3, VST, DX, 32-bit, 64-bit) into menus quickly and easily.
- Supports both Cakewalk by BandLab and Sonar DAWs – from last version of Platinum to back to v6.02.
- Works on Window 10 through XP.
- VST2, VST3 and DX support/handling.
- MenuMagic Status tab notifies you of plugin modifications, system changes, warns you of stale backups, un-applied changes and more.
- Made a mistake? Instantly revert to your last saved settings.
- Tools to easily backup/restore Cakewalk VST registry.
- User friendly customizable interface.
- Resizable GUI.
- Customize the appearance of MenuMagic to your taste with 14 selectable skins plus tweakable hue, saturation and alpha settings.
- Remembers size & placement of program location on given screen/monitor.
- Thorough use of tooltips (mouse over hints) though out MenuMagic make the program easy to learn and understand.
- Additional plugin filters - in the Categorization & Name Fixes tabs let you additionally filter plugins based on type and bit level (32 or 64-bit).
- Support non-English languages (including Chinese, Japanese, Russian, etc.) for plugins and when building menus or renaming plugins.
- Advanced Plugin Renaming/Name Fix Module with Plugin Type Filtering.
Sophisticated plugin name managements tools make your life easier!
- Rename plugins to make them easier to identify (such as with Kontakt where the 2out, 8out, 16out versions all show up in menus with same name).
- Cascading find and replace options that can operate globally or on selected plugin names.
- Add a prefix or suffix to your plugin names based on type (i.e. VST, VSTi, DX, DXi).
- Ability to add bit type (32/64) as suffix to plugin name that will show up in Sonar's plugin menus (when you create custom menus using only Sonar's Plugin manager this information is lost).
- Advanced Dupe plugin handling
Hide plug-ins from appearing within your DAW or unHide them - quick, easy & NON-PERMANENT.
- One click auto-hide dupes from appearing in your plugin menus.
- Works even with plugins located in protected folders.
- Dupe counter in stats reflects # of dupes that can be eliminated/hidden.
- Under your control - you choose can choose if the VST3, VST2, 64-bit or 32-bit version is used or hidden and if desired unhide at a later time.
- Detail panes show detailed file information and VST plugin information on selected plugins.
- Direct access to plugin's folder location allows you to perform manual file actions if you so desire.
- Menu Creation options
The Menu Creation tab is where you actually create/implement/preview your customized plug-in menus (based on what you've done in the Categorization and Name Fixes tabs).
- Preview how your custom plugin layout menus as will appear in Cakewalk or Sonar.
- Assign your layout to any or all of Sonar's clip menus, processing menus, etc. (eg SynthRack, AudioEffectBin, etc.).
- Rearrange your initial menu to create sublevels/submenus.
- Clone menu, sections of menu or copy from pre-existing menus to create your new multilevel masterpiece.
- Control Cakewalk's & Sonar's VST scanning
- Control the VST Scan Folders list.
- Control VST scanning options (rescan failed, rescan existing, reset, scan on Cakewalk/Sonar launch, etc.).
- Options to eliminate duplicate & recursive paths so that list is optimized for faster scanning.
- Easily transfer list of VST Scan Folders from Sonar to Cakewalk by BandLab.
- Plug-in Info Grid
Fully searchable Plug-in Info Grid shows you details on all your VST / DX plugins and identifies duplicates.
- Multi-column bi-directional sorts let you see your data in whatever manner you desire.
- Plug-in Grid shows all modifications made since your last save in red.
- Hit Ctrl-F to search grid for what you're looking for - plugin names, paths, etc. Hit F3 to search for next match.
- Export a color coded HTML copy of grid for your records or for reference.
- MenuMagic Tray Icon App!
- MenuMagic update detection!
Get notified (or manually check) if there is a new version of MenuMagic available.
- Directly launch VST Scanner.
- Directly launch VST Scanner then automatically launch MenuMagic
or just launch MenuMagic.
- MenuMagic update detection!
- Verifies that Sonar's database has the correct bit level (32 vs 64) set for your plugins (and lets you easily correct them if not) to avoid plugin mishandling.
- Improved performance over v1 - if VST plugin scanner has not been run skips database scans for faster loading.
- Found a bug or got a program suggestion?
- Bug Report button allows you to easily submit your problem or request directly to Agitated State to be reviewed by our programmers.
- MenuMagic has been tested with the following Cakewalk DAWs:
- Cakewalk by BandLab.
- Sonar 2015 (Platinum, Professional, Artist).
- SONAR X3 All Editions.
- SONAR X2 All Editions.
- SONAR X1 All Editions.
- SONAR 8 All Editions.
- SONAR 7 All Editions.
- SONAR 6 All Editions (of 6.02 or later).