Plugindoctor fills a longstanding gap in the market: a cross-platform and cross-bitformat plugin analyzer for VST and AU plugins. Whether you are a plugin developer yourself who wants to thoroughly test the audio quality of your latest and greatest product, or a power user who wants to understand in more detail what exactly a specific plugin is doing to your precious audio material, Plugindoctor will help you find out.
- Highest quality, double precision FFT engine, independent stereo channel analysis.
- Linear analysis: magnitude and phase response using delta or random input signal.
- Harmonic analysis: highly accurate frequency response analysis to a sinusoidal input signal. Input strength and frequency can be varied for THD/THD+N calculation. Switchable intermodular distortion modus. Sweep function for fundamental and THD response.
- Oscilloscope: watch what happens to a sinusoidal input signal in real time.
- Dynamics: use a ramping signal to test compression or expansion, or an attack-release signal to check your compressor's attack and decay curves.
- Performance: how many milliseconds are really spent in your plugin's audio processing callback (as a function of buffer size).
- Freely resizable user interface.
- Three quality settings, corresponding to three different FFT buffer sizes.
- Storage option of curves in Linear and Harmonic analysis mode for easy comparison of settings or of different plugins.
- Built-in screenshot function.
- Comes as a 32 and a 64-bit executable.
- Can load VST and (on Mac) AU effect plugins.
If you've been looking for an all-encompassing plugin analyzer, this is it. A free demo is available, with an occasional processing interruption and a limitation of one plugin per session.