The golden Age of DCO and VCF
Like its ancestor, it combines punchy and clear DCOs (Digital Controlled Oscillators) with cutting analog multimode filters: the unique sound of an era.
Simple, Flexible, Powerful : Splits, Layers and Singles Patches
Like its instigator, the miniSyn'X combines 2 independent synth engines in a disarming clear one panel view, enabling you to build thick or complex stacks, captivating split sounds in a flash, as well as classic analog single sounds.
Layers can benefit from the same rich sounding double analog BBD Chorus found on the original model, once again very closely emulated. And the stunning original Glide section is here too.
Mini in the name, and in the price. Maxi in the sound, and possibilities
Due to its duotimbral native architecture, the miniSyn'X is very versatile, and offers any patches from raw analog sounds, to silky complex evolving pads.
It's a Xils. So we added a lot of things the venerable ancestor could not do: Cumulative Oscillator waveforms, cumulative LFO waveforms, an Intelligent Patch Creation system, an enhanced 4 part polysequencer, some clever stereo scene control, polyphony handling per engine, Gang Mode Editing, an enhanced Joystick, and a large library of presets.
New Technological breakthrough: The miniSyn'X uses the exclusive 0 Delay Feedback PWM algorithm recently developed by Xils-Lab, that greatly improves the quality and perception of patches using PWM (Like the legendary Laser Harp sound).
Inspiring to operate, easy to program, gorgeous to play, and .... thoroughly automatable
On top of that, we added some adaptive UI/GUI design, so that you only see the controls you need at a time, making the MiniSynx a breeze to control and program, with solo modes for each synth engine, simple and effective layer control functions.
And a bit of AI, to make patch creation a joy (Exclusive Smart Load function in Double and split mode will guarantee you'll quickly generate a good percentage of useful and rewarding patches created on the fly).
And finally, every miniSyn'X parameter, from filter and oscillators to the sequencer track mute buttons and gate control is automatable via MIDI CC. Paradise for those who like to push automation beyond limits.
The miniSyn'X in short
- Two synth engines that can be combined in 3 modes (Double, Split, Single).
- Single Panel GUI for each Synthesizer engine.
- Up to 10 Oscillators per patch (Cumulative OSC technology, 2 x 5).
- Modelled DCO Oscillators, PWM for each waveform, 0DF PWM Algorithm.
- Multimode analog Filter using 3rd gen 0DF Filter technology (up to 2 per patch).
- Modelled Ultra Fast Envelope Generators (up to 4 per patch).
- Smart Load TM exclusive technology to create new interesting sounds quickly.
- Gang Edit in Double and Split mode.
- All parameters automatable via MIDI Cc control (including Sequencer parts).
- Three mode BBD Analog Chorus Unit.
- Only Serial Protected