Noatikl (pronounced "noh – tickle") is a 16 track MIDI generating powerhouse with 120+ parameters & many included generative music templates and incorporates the Noatikl (MIDI) Music Engine (NME).
Noatikl creates musical information in the form of MIDI notes and can generate and send MIDI controller information to control settings of synths, FX units and samplers. It can also generate its own sounds via the integrated Partikl Sound Engine (PSE), a powerful sound source comprising a modular synth with Soundfont (SF2)/DLS support + live FX.
Noatikl is the evolution of the SSEYO Koan Generative Music System used in the 90s by Brian Eno et al, and it is still evolving today. It is created by Tim Cole and Pete Cole, creators of the 2001 BAFTA-award winning SSEYO Koan Interactive Audio Platform, the 2005 BAFTA-award winning SSEYO miniMIXA. We bring to it the 25+ years of experience we have of developing generative music engines and it is much more powerful and versatile than Koan ever was.
Noatikl is currently available for:
- Mac OS X (Standalone, AU plug-in).
- Windows (Standalone, VST plug-in).
- iPhone, iPod touch, iPad (Universal Binary).
What you can do with Noatikl:
- Create, edit and play high quality, royalty-free, totally custom generative music / soundscapes (ambient, drone, relaxation, mindfulness, EDM etc.) on both PC and mobile devices with Noatikl for Desktop (OS X / Windows) and Noatikl for iOS.
- Use the many included gorgeous templates as starting points to help break composer's block with new melodies & ideas.
- Experiment with generative (MIDI) music composition and unleash the power of the integral Noatikl Music Engine (NME).
- Explore sound design with the integral Partikl Sound Engine (PSE) in which you can also use your own 16/24-bit SF2.
- Use Noatikl as a MIDI generator to play / control external MIDI synths, samplers and other MIDI controllable units.
- Participate in a generative music community and publish / publically share your generative music creations as wotjas via the Custom Player/Backing feature in Wotja and which can then be played for free in Wotja free.
- Create / edit Noatikl pieces for use in Mixtikl.
- Play SKD files you may have made in SSEYO Koan (precursor to Noatikl).
- Build your own hyper-instrument (Desktop version only).
- Get creative with scripting (Desktop version only).