Nora is a powerful and flexible pattern based arpeggiator / phrase sequencer in plugin format that assists you while creating melodies, without sacricifing your own style or sounding cliché. Its full contextual interface allows the creation of solo melodies, rhythmic basslines or stabs instantly. It may be used in both live and offline environment.
Nora employs the workflow of a DAW for a creative, simple and quick edition with a complete integration among the modules. Nora can be sequenced by either a linear manner or by patterns triggered by MIDI.
Thanks to its polyphonic piano-roll technology and its real-time effects, Nora gives the user complete control over the arpeggiator pattern (note-length, overlapping notes/chords, velocities, spaces between notes, etc.)
The engine has been re-designed from scratch to offer precision at sample-level. This way, Nora produces an output that is loyal to the input, without perceptible latency. Moreover, it supports two operation modes: "Free", a mode in which output notes are always in line with input chords, and "Static", in which input chords are adapted to the notes of Nora, resulting in smoother changes.
Nora supports up to eight simultaneous tracks, each of them with an arpeggiator engine and individual settings, like MIDI routing.
- Sample accurate engine.
- Complete real-time edition.
- Edit up to 5 octaves and 8 notes per octave.
- Individual relative pitch for each Phrase Editor note.
- Force to scale control for tuned notes.
- 8 tracks with 8 independent arpeggiator settings.
- Playlist module: It allows each track being sequenced in two ways: As a classic DAW, or as a Pattern Chainer.
- Pattern editor with 64 patterns per track.
- 2 pattern-changing modes, controllable via MIDI: 'In queue', a mode in which each pattern waits for its turn to start playing and, 'instant' in which the change is played immediately, maintaining the synchrony with the DAW.
- Real-time quantizer with user-defined patterns.
- Randomizer engine that includes 2 random phrase generators and 2 mutators.
- Two clock modes: It can work in synchrony with DAW or as a classic arpeggiator.
- Two velocity modes.
- MIDI rhythm import.
- Realtime MIDI Output recording.
- Play speed settings.
- Realtime velocity randomization.
- More than 1200 presets.
- Very low CPU usage.
- Several modes to navigate through the windows.
- Project management.
- Tooltips and Inline Help.
- Unlimited and independent undo / redo for each pattern.
- Automatic mouse helpers to ease edition with small notes.
- Copy / Paste functionality.
- Highly customizable interface with over 400 parameters, supporting mod files and built-in realtime editors.
- Fully resizable interface.
- MIDI FX version for Logic Pro X.
- Includes NoraHarm for free, an Harmonizer / Chorder.