|Developer||Pattern & Noise|
|Type / Tags||Percussion|
Omelet is an App that turns the iPhone or iPod touch into a percussion shaker, designed to be used live on stage, or in the studio. By using high-precision motion tracking, 3D physical modeling, granular synthesis and high-fidelity recorded samples, Omelet gives musicians control over tone and dynamics.
What gives Omelet the edge over physical egg shakers is its built-in effects: Mu and Blue Room. These original, stomp-box style effects have been specially designed and tuned to work with Omelet’s broad-spectrum percussive sounds.
Mu is a unique resonating effect, capable of generating a diverse range of evocative sounds and textures. By generating multiple resonating tones simultaneously, Mu is able to produce a wide range of sounds from deep bassy drones to piercing highs. Its rich yet subtle timbres vary from scratchy, wood-like sounds to eerie metallic ringing sounds reminiscent of Tibetan singing bowls.
Blue Room is a reverb effect inspired by classic 60’s echo-chambers. It will simulate anything from tight corridors to huge cavernous spaces. The Schroeder-Moorer algorithm, with its simple and effective network of comb filters and all-pass filters, has been adopted to give Blue Room its distinctively retro character. Used sparingly, Blue Room can add a smoother, fuller finish to the shaker’s sounds; but with the gain turned right up, those sounds can develop into vast echoing soundscapes.
Other features include:
- Volume and mute controls.
- Two unique stomp box effects: Mu and Blue Room.
- Automatic locking to prevent accidental changes while playing.
- Multitasking support for jamming with your iPod.
- Two tailor-made sample banks which automatically switch in and out: one to maximize volume while playing through the built-in speakers; the other with greater dynamic range while playing through the headphone jack.