Phoenix is a faithful digital simulation of five analog preamp circuits, having a common two-stage topology, with a three-band EQ. Each circuit derives its unique sonic character from a different active element (12AX7, 12AT7, and 12AU7 triodes, and J201 and 2N5457 JFET transistors) used in the voltage amplification stages. To achieve the most authentic analog sound, each preamp circuit is simulated in real time using Shattered Glass Audio's state-of-the-art circuit simulator. The three-band EQ can be positioned either before or after the preamp, or be completely taken out of the signal chain. Signal is 4x oversampled to eliminate aliasing.
Use Phoenix to add color, warmth, dirt, depth, and vibe to your mixes and masters or as a saturation compressor.
- Authentic analog sound through real-time high-performance circuit simulation.
- Three preamps featuring triodes 12AX7, 12AT7, and 12AU7.
- Two preamps featuring JFET transistors J201, 2N5457.
- Three-band EQ that can be taken out of the signal path or placed either before or after the preamp.
- Automatic 4x oversampling.
- Wet/Dry mixing.