|Type / Tags||AnalogKontakt InstrumentMono SynthMonoPolySynthSynth (Analogue / Subtractive)SynthesiserVintageVintage Keys|
Requires a full version of Native Instruments KONTAKT v4.2.3 or later.
Poly 770 is a polyphonic recreation of the early Korg 770 analogue monosynth. It excels at radiophonic workshop-style synthesis, harnessing a five-osc architecture which accesses two 770-derived oscillators, Sub oscillator, dedicated Noise circuit with multiple options, plus an "external input", which allows a wide variety of sampled waves from a variety of vintage Korg equipment (including the Lambda, the PolySix and more) to be added to the sound for instant added depth and richness.
There are also extensive modulation capabilities built in, and the original 770's "Traveler" circuit – basically a twin low- and high-pass filter – has been faithfully reproduced using convolution modelling.
"One of the Robot's most ambitious libraries to date... Excelling at sci-fi weirdness, gentle melodics and quirky FX, Poly 770 is a retro triumph" – 10/10 Computer Music Magazine review
Poly 770 features some unusual and powerful synthesis options, including Scale Noise (noise with a pitched component) as found on the original 770, Chorus Sawtooth (again, present on the original hardware) on both oscillators, plus Virtual PWM for moving, evolving pulse sounds, and a Modern Filter circuit intended for sweeps and squelches. The overall result is a synth with thoroughly in-depth capabilities but a strongly vintage character throughout. Key features include:
- 5 oscillators including twin 770 oscs, Sub, Noise and "External".
- "External" brings to bear a variety of other vintage Korg synths, including the Lambda and PolySix, to add instant depth to the sound.
- Modern controls with a vintage sound palette throughout.
- Scale Noise and Chorus Sawtooth components are Korg-specific gems.
- A Korg "family sound" throughout the synth.
- Glitch Control for instant new patches: clicking it musically randomises the synth's settings according to a finely-tuned algorithm which has a high "hit rate" of usable sounds.
Poly 770 is available now and requires a full version of Kontakt 4.2.3 or later (including all versions of Kontakt 5). Kontakt Player is not supported.