Resotron is an analog filter guitar pedal. Pigtronix Resotron is an analog filter that brings the sound of 70's keyboard synthesizers to the world of envelope pedals for guitar, bass and beyond. The filter at the heart of the Resotron is based on the SSM2040 chip found in the legendary Prophet 5 and Octave CAT synthesizers. This 24db/octave, state-variable filter provides the full gamut of familiar envelope filter sounds with UP and DOWN sweeping modes, and a sensitivity control to dial in the response of the effect based on how hard you play. In addition to these vintage-correct filter tones, the Resotron pushes the envelope pedal concept to a whole new level by using an analog pitch-tracking system to move the cutoff frequency of the filter up and down. The pitch-following filter effect found in the Resotron moves around based on the notes you play instead of how hard you play. The attack time and rate of filter motion can be adjusted—using the GLIDE knob—to dial in how long it takes for the cutoff to travel between pitches.
- 24db/oct filter based on the SSM2040 chip.
- Low Pass, Band Pass & High Pass Filter options.
- Velocity controlled UP & DOWN envelope modes.
- Pitch-following envelope function with variable GLIDE.
- BLEND control mixes in Philosopher's Tone compression.
- Expression pedal / 0-5V CV input modulates CUTOFF.
- OSCILLATE mode for monophonic synth sounds.
- Sidechain TRIGGER input for external audio.
- Hardwired true bypass switching.
- 18VDC power supply included.
- 100% analog design.
- Circuit design by Nick Cote.
- Sound design by David Koltai.