$39 / €39
|Type / Tags||ReverbSnapin|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Reverbs, simulating the millions of tiny echoes that naturally bounce off the walls in a room, have become an central part in glueing together sounds in a song. There are likely few tracks today that don't contain reverb in any form.
Reverb is a simple but powerful reverb, which helps you to quickly tune in the character you want. It adds the sense of space to any sound by emulating the sound bouncing off the walls in a physical room:
- Decay knob - The reverberation time, i.e. the time it takes for the reverb to go silent after sound has passed through it.
- Dampen knob - Adds damping to high frequencies so that they decay faster than low frequencies.
- Size knob - Adjust the size of the virtual room that reverb simulates. Ranges from closet to church.
- Width knob - Adjusts the stereo width of the reverb. At 100% the left and right channels are completely uncorrelated in the wet sound.
- Early knob - Adjusts the balance between early and late reflections. A higher value will give a brighter and more responsive reverb.
- Mix knob - The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel - Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin theree is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
- Enabled checkbox - The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle - The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Reverb as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.).
Reverb shines on it's own, but it was primarily created to power up the different "Snapin Hosts" Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now.
Reverb is also available as a Rack Extension for Reason over at the Propellerhead shop.