$29 / €29
|Type / Tags||Reverse|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Remember in The Ring when Samara kind of walks backwards but still towards you and it's all scary and weird? This is not really like that.
However, Reverser does delay and reverse sections of the input sound resulting in anything from hauntingly eerie textures to reverse percussion hits:
- Delay display - The amount of time before the delayed sound starts playing. This will be expressed in milliseconds or as parts of a beat, depending on the Unit setting.
- Delay time unit - When Unit is set to 'Sync' the delay time will be synchronized to the song tempo.
- Crossfade knob - Time to ramp in/out the reversed audio to avoid any clicks and pops, in percent of the reversed section length.
- Mix knob - The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel - Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin theree is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
- Enabled checkbox - The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle - The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Reverser as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.).
Reverser shines on it's own, but it was primarily created to power up the different "Snapin Hosts" Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now.
Reverser is also available as a Rack Extension for Reason over at the Propellerhead shop.