Rifflab is a Probability based Step Sequencer capable of generating and playing up to 3 scale locked sequences simultaneously. Each sequence is generated in accordance with the probability parameters set by the user. The Probability sliders allow control of Pitch, Velocity, Note Length, Step Length, Progression, and up to 7 Modulation lines for each generated sequence. It is capable of producing basslines, leads, melodies, chords and arpeggios with unlimited possibilities.
Each click of the Generate button will create an entire new sequence based on the probability parameters you've set.
Like some notes but not others? Either lock your favourite notes in and press Generate again, or use the sliders to adjust the output values.
Rifflab does not output any audio itself, but sends generated MIDI data to the chosen MIDI channel (s) to drive anything that allows MIDI input.
- Generates up to 3 sequences at a time.
- Generate values per panel, per sequence or all 3 sequences simultaneously.
- Set Key and Scale - ability to make own scale.
- Scale lock on playback - all notes forced to scale.
- Value lock - Keep wanted values and only generate new values for unlocked steps.
- Up to 2 octaves per sequence.
- Independant base octave per sequencer.
- Variable step lengths - including dotted and triplet notes.
- Rest notes probability (0 Velocity slider).
- Variable playback speed.
- Up to 64 notes per sequence.
- Up to 32 bars per Progression.
- Swing via flexible note length + value system.
- Midi assignable buttons for most options.
- Start/Stop sequencers via triggers including step, bar, sequence length, progression etc.
- Humanize velocity slider.
- Reaktor 6 block friendly outputs for including in own Reaktor ensembles.
- Variable Note lengths from 1/4 length to full length.
- Midi output up to 3 separate channels.
- Midi CC output via 4 Modulation panels, as well as Pitch, Velocity and Note Length values.
- Midi in triggers for Progression and sequence output.
- Progression sync to all sequencers.
- Timing Offset per sequence.
- Shift steps per panel, per sequence or all sequences.
- Ability to skip steps or randomize played steps.
- Low CPU usage.
A free Lite version is also available.