69 € (VAT incl. where applicable)
|Type / Tags||GranulatorAlgorithmic Granular DelayAudio ManglerDelayFSUGlitchGranularGranular DelayGranular SynthesisGranularizer|
Windows 7 - 10: VST (32/64-bit) and AAX Native (32/64-bit)
MacOS 10.7 - 10.14 (Intel, 64-bit): VST (64-bit), AU (64-bit) and AAX Native (64-bit)
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
SaltyGrain is a real-time granular audio effect plug-in. It can create a large variety of different sound types, and is ideal for creating strange or spooky effects in movie productions, vocal effects, weird background sounds, lush pad sounds, rhythmic distortions, live sound modifications, etc. Incoming sound is fed into a delay line from which small pieces of various durations and at different moments in the past are selected. Each of these pieces is then amplified, transposed and enveloped to form a "grain". Each grain is also randomly panned and the whole mix is sent out to a stereo output stream.
A valuable granular synthesis sound effect tool for musicians, sound designers, (film) music composers and producers.
- delay line freezing for live sampling and sound modifications.
- feedback of granulated output back into the delay line for dense and shifting structures.
- up to max. 40 simultaneous grains.
- plugin parameters controllable via MIDI.
- play melodies with captured sound fragments.
- density control by number of grains and grain duration.
- additional grain stealing option.
- grain envelope control.
- typical granular slow motion effect by freezing and gradually moving through the delay line (forwards and backwards).
- 70 presets to get started (including presets by sound designer Richard Devine and producer Matias Monteagudo).
A demo version is available so you can try before you buy.
This plugin is currently available under the following formats:
- Windows 7 - 10: VST (32/64-bit) and AAX Native (32/64-bit).
- MacOS 10.7 - 10.14 (Intel, 64-bit): VST (64-bit), AU (64-bit) and AAX Native (64-bit).
An old (no longer supported) 1.1.1 version is also still available for download, in case someone still needs a 32-bit VST or AU version for MacOS, or an RTAS version for Windows/MacOS.
"SaltyGrain is one of my most used granular plugs. You can do anything from subtle scrambling to crazy effects with ease. Finally it's available as an AAX version as well, so now it's time to put the plug into overtime use!" (Charles Deenen, computer/video game audio director, music composer, sound designer, and mixer + half of legendary C64 audio production pioneers Maniacs of Noise!).
"In the few weeks I've been using SaltyGrain, I've found it extremely intuitive, easy to use and powerful." (Mike Raznick, award-winning composer/producer).
"It stayed on my basic selection of bus strips for the entire film!" (award-winning film music composer Henry Jackman on using SaltyGrain in Captain America: The Winter Soldier).
"Best non-free granular fx on PC and Mac: Crusher-X by @accSone and SaltyGrain by @SampleSumo" (Felix Petrescu aka Waka X of Makunouchi Bento).
"SaltyGrain is really cool, it will inspire you. I was looking for a granular manipulator that could give me immediate results, especially on my guitar tracks, and SaltyGrain does that and more." (Rod Abernethy composer of RAGE, TERA, Alpha Protocol, Star Trek and The Hobbit, Bafta Award winner/Dead Space).