No Longer Available
|Type / Tags|
- High Quality band limiting sample-playback engine.
- 9 quality settings to allow precise CPU usage optimisation.
- 256 voices of polyphony, unlimited layers per voice.
- Per-channel polyphony limiter.
- Fully Multi-timbral operation, supports all 16 MIDI channels.
- Supports any standard/custom samplerate, including 22k, 32k, 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 192k and 384k.
- Extensive SoundFont compatibility.
- Several loading modes: Whole SoundFont, Single Program, Direct-from-Disk streaming.
- Four stereo outputs, one stereo Effects output.
- A LPF, two LFOs and two Envelope Generators per layer.
- Filter Cutoff, Filter Resonance, Keyboard Tracking, Velocity Tracking and Envelope Amount.
- Vibrato LFO with Delay, Speed and Depth control.
- Modulation LFO with Delay, Depth, Filter Depth, Pitch Depth and Amp Depth controls.
- Modulation EG with Attack, Hold, Keyboard-To-Hold, Decay, Keyboard-To-Decay, Sustain, Release and Pitch Depth controls.
- Amplifier EG with Delay, Attack, Hold, Keyboard-To-Hold, Decay, Keyboard-To-Decay, Sustain and Release controls.
- Stereo Chorus with Mix, Speed and Depth controls.
- Stereo Reverb with Mix, Size, Damp and High Frequency controls.
- Effects on/off button.
Programs / Banks
- 128 internal programs (scenes).
- Saves and Loads standard program (.fxp) files.
- Drag and drop support for program files (.fxp) and SoundFont files (.sf2).
- All settings saved in the song.
Graphic User Interface
- Total Layers and Voices played indicator.
- Focus-capable controls, full PC-Keyboard support.
- Full mouse wheel support.
- Inertial sliders, menu-driven multi lists, fast page selectors.
- Output level VU meter.
- Sound Preview ribbon at bottom, MIDI transmit to host (VST).
- Extensive MIDI implementation: Velocity, Pitch Bend, Modulation, Sustain Sw and a lot more.
- Ultra light ASIO host for live performance and programming (90k).
- Supports 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz samplerates.
- Virtual keyboard with PitchBend/Modulation/Program Change/Transpose controls using PC keyboard.
- Simultaneous use of multiple MIDI ports.
- Saves 16-bit and 32-bit WAV files direct-to-disk.
Reviewed By -SPYRO-
November 30, 2003
The interface is good looking and really easy to understand.
Features? well it has lots! too much to mention here, but this is what I consider important. Sfz+ has the best quality of all, is stable as a rock and the CPU usage is better compared to other "big league" samplers. Sf2, wav and giga support, DFD (direct from disk) everything works flawlessly.
Sfz+ gives you the freedom to choose a single file (sf2,wav,gig) per instance which is useful if you don't want to fiddle with multi outs, or when you load a complete bank (eg: GMs) and you can load one file per channel which is the best approach when you are loading one patch banks or separate wav files.
It's price is a steal, for the monster you get.
Customer support is awesome, you talk directly with the developer on their forums, and he does listen to his customers.
I've set the presets meter to "1" because Sfz+ doesn't need any by default.
I know Sfz and Sfz+ since early beta versions, even at that time I was completely stunned, even more with every new update. For me Sfz+ is a real winner.Read more