The 101 is a single oscillator, monophonic analog synth developed in the early 80s. It's a great synth, at a great size, with excellent sound, serving as one of electronic music's go-to performance machines since its introduction in the 80s.
We utilized the 101's LFO, noise, and random modulation capabilities, processing the results with a Culture Vulture, Big Muff, and Neve preamps. We multi-layered different LFO rates, filter and noise settings. We even created huge, stereo instruments: dialing in a patch on the 101, recording it, and then slightly detuning / changing the filter and LFO rate, sampling that, and panning it with the original. This creates a huge stereo images and is epic for chords.
We captured raw waveforms, and opted for less processing, using fast preamps like an API 512C to maintain the 101's transients and squelching resonance.
- 40 Multi-Sampled 101 Instruments For Ableton, Kontakt, Logic & 24-bit WAV.
- Punchy acid bass, bubbly FX, dark leads, experimental patches and more.
- Extensive multi-sampling, modulation and FX routing on all instruments.
- Hand trimmed and looped to perfection.
- Clean, tape and tube recordings for the greatest depth between patches.
- 2.5 GB Unzipped Per Format.