Free / Donationware
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
sideGATE is a lookahead flexigate with virtual sidechain input.
- 2 inputs, 2 outputs.
- Mono, stereo or dual mono operation.
- Mixable channels & sidechains.
- Sidechain filter with HP, LP, resonance & gain.
- Lookahead of up to 1000 ms.
- 'Just in time' link mode.
- Channel & sidechain link switches.
- Sidechain monitoring switches.
- Response invert switches.
- Output pan & mix controls.
Voice Production: Use sideGATE as a lookahead noise-gate when, for example, you have a presenter speaking against background noise. Normal gating would result in a bump in background noise as the presenter speaks and the gate opens but with sideGATE's lookahead feature the background noise can be gently faded in before the presenter speaks creating a smoother, less objectionable, sound.
Music Production: When the sidechain is higher than the threshold the channel is audible, when lower it is gated - just the sort of functionality needed to gate a reverb according to the level of a snare drum, a synth according to a hi-hat, a bass according to a bass drum and so on.
sideGATE can also be used to alter the attack of a sound (e.g. soften a solo electric guitar making it feel more like a lap steel) and its panned outputs can be used to create a situation where the position of a sound in the stereo field is switched according to its volume.