The Silk EQ Nebula Library is sampled from an EQ that has become very popular in recent years. The hardware is known for it's rich low boost, smooth top end and broad sound… so boosting in large amounts with this library is not a problem.
I sampled the low and high shelf in one program, which gives you better results by cutting down on instances and creates better band interaction (plus cutting down on conversion ins and outs). Basically the EQ is fully emulated using two instances of nebula and the Low/High Shelf and Mid boost/cut programs.
I came up with a new sampling technique to ensure more accuracy on the transient. This new sampling method greatly reduces the smear and harshness that sometimes occurs during the AD/DA stage, preserving the highs much better than ever before (it also means that I had to edit around 700 samples manually to complete the library..).
You can buy the library in 4 sample rates-44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 (that's NOT re-sampled.), every sample rate is the real deal.. the same as my TNT Dynamics and Cal Dl1656 libraries.
- Kernal's; 3k.
- High and Low shelf; Low -15, -12, -9, -6, -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15.
- High -15, -12, -9, -6, -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15.
- Mid Peak; Freq 700, 1000, 1500, 2300, 3500, 5600.
- Gain -8, -6, -4, -2, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8.
- Sample rates available; 44.1, 48, 88.2 & 96kHz.
- Converters used; Mytek 192 and lucid 88192.