No Longer Available
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
In a nutshell
The Silk Eq is inspired by the sound of a German built equalizer from the 1960's, featuring transformer balanced inputs and outputs, discreet Transistor buffer and gain stages, switched inductive Mid Band, and broad Low and High shelves.
Silk Eq can be used on a broad range of sound sources -- single instruments, buss duties, to overall mix sweetening.
It's very musical on Vocals, Acoustic instruments.
Silk is available in 4 sampling frequencies: 44.1, 48.0, 88.2, 96,0.
Despite the digital revolution in the pro audio industry, many of today's top albums are still mixed with analog outboard gear. Many people feel that Mixing in the Analog domain imparts an elusive quality, a greater sense of weight, space, dynamics with a more 'three dimensional' image.
The sounds of Analog devices is potentially complex. The initial signal is changed in many, often very subtle ways, distortion characteristics, frequency response deviations, nonlinear saturation for instance.
Volterra technology captures these nonlinear characteristics inherent in the original hardware.
- Low Shelf: The Low Frequency Shelf fixed at 40 Hz with ±15dB of adjustable gain. Interestingly the Low Shelf Eq curves are of different shape whether in boost or cut, this is faithfully reproduced from the original unit.
- Mid Bell: On the original Hardware called 'Presence'.
- High Shelf: High Frequency Shelf fixed at 15 kHz with ±15dB of adjustable gain.
Just how the low shelves are faithfully reproduced from the original unit, the high Shelf Eq curves are also differently shaped whether in boost or cut.
- Mac OS X 32/64-bit VST available
- Windows 32/64-bit VST available
- New auto select rate feature (sample rate is selected at runtime).
- New CORE5 engine (improved performances)
- Delay time significantly reduced
- New installers
- Nebula4 ready.