|Product||Sonoris Mastering Equalizer (SMEQ)|
|Developer||Sonoris Audio Engineering|
|Type / Tags||EQMastering|
|Copy Protection||Key File|
The Sonoris Mastering Equalizer (SMEQ) is a parametric equalizer with selectable linear phase or minimum phase operation per band. The plugin is suitable for mixing and especially mastering and features 7 bands, including lowpass, highpass, peaking and shelving filters.
The SMEQ can be used to enhance or correct difficult material like vocal or instrumental soloists and groups, orchestral recordings and complex mixes, without introducing any unwanted coloring. The linear phase implementation of the SMEQ ensures a transparent character and just boosts or cuts a frequency range without adding a "sound". It doesn't smear transients or create mud, nor does it alter the imaging and depth information of the original sound. This way it is possible to boost or cut more than with a conventional equalizer without any of these negative side effects.
The linear phase algorithm of the SMEQ is based on a technique called "backward-forward filtering", until now only implemented in some expensive high end equalizers. The main advantage of this technique is that IIR filters can be used instead of FIR filters, the latter is commonly found in linear phase implementations. IIR filters are known for their more analog kind of filtering and are also more efficient than FIR filters.
The Sonoris Mastering Equalizer has an automatic as well as 2x, 4x or 8x manual upsampling mode. When upsampling, the SMEQ has an even more accurate response, especially at the higher frequencies.
- 7 band parametric linear phase equalizer.
- Selectable linear phase or minimum phase operation per band.
- Lowpass and highpass filters up to 48 dB/octave.
- Peaking and shelving filters.
- Stereo, L, R or MS processing and monitoring.
- No pre-warping effects, that is, correct response up to Nyquist.
- 2x, 4x, 8x or auto upsampling for an even more accurate response.
- Soft Engage technology to prevent switching noise.
- Mousewheel support.
- A/B comparison.
- Large graphical display with draggable handles for maximum control.
- Three zoom levels.
- Scalable user interface.
- High resolution level meter.
- Full automation possible.
- Settings can be saved.
- 64 bit resolution.