The Sonoris Parallel Equalizer (SPEQ) is a minimum phase parametric equalizer suitable for mixing and especially mastering. It has fixed filter types on each band and band 2 to 6 are connected in parallel. The filters are build in a feedback/feedforward manner to provide cutting and boosting. Band 3 to 5 are constant-Q bells and 2 and 6 are shelves. Band 1 and 7 are low/high cuts and connected in series with the rest.
The main feature is that this eq is a lot more subtle and needs more work to set up right because there is some interaction between the bands. In normal series connected eq's the gains of two bands just add up but in a parallel eq it doesn't. The filters are parallel to each other as well as the unprocessed signal and this makes that if you have for example a low shelve boost and switch on a low freq bell boost too, it just doesn't do much more. You can't easily overdo things, but have to work harder to get it right. Also, the signal path is cleaner because the filters al work on the same input. The filters have correct gain up to Nyquist. The plugin has a large graphical display that shows exactly what you get. The size of the plugin can be changed to your liking by dragging the lower right-hand corner.
The plugin has a large graphical display that shows exactly what you get. The size of the plugin can be changed to your liking by dragging the lower right-hand corner.
- 7 band parametric minimum phase equalizer with parallel connected bands.
- Feedforward / feedback topology.
- Lowpass and highpass filters up to 24 dB/octave.
- Constant Q bells, shelving, low and high cut filters.
- No pre-warping effects, that is, correct response up to Nyquist.
- Soft Engage technology to prevent switching noise.
- Mousewheel support.
- A/B comparison.
- Large graphical display with draggable handles for maximum control.
- Three zoom levels.
- Scalable user interface.
- High resolution level meter.
- Full automation possible.
- Settings can be saved.
- 64 bit resolution.