The Sosnowski Synthesizer is an analog-style software synthesizer. The download includes both a standalone player version and a VST version for use within suitable hosts. 128 onboard sounds are included, with additional sounds in external files. The instrument is specifically designed to be equally at home as both a "performance synth" and in studio audio, sequencer, and notation work environments.
With a simple, clear, easy-to-use and well-organized layout and sensible architecture, the Sosnowski Synthesizer is ideal for newcomers to the art; yet, with its rich feature set and thorough controllability, even seasoned professionals will find it an attractive and inexpensive addition to their resources, according to SSynth.
The Sosnowski Synthesizer generates sound with four separate oscillators. Each individual oscillator includes selection for sine, triangle, sawtooth and square waveforms; plus a selection for a noise oscillator with its own adjustable frequency trap. The oscillator outputs are processed through a multiform filter with its own envelope and modified by dual independent multi-waveform, fully adjustable LFOs (low frequency oscillators).
A final envelope shapes the sound before proceeding to the sound treatment section. Onboard sound treatment includes stereo chorus, reverb, echo, pan/x (automated dual-constant cross-panning), and transposition; all of which are fully controllable from the interface.
Additional features include an onboard velocity-capable keyboard; MIDI channel, program change enable, volume enable, and pan enable switching; an onboard 'scope and parametric equalizer; and a capable preset manager for onboard sounds, plus an easy file system for saving and loading custom sounds.
- 128 original preset sounds plus three user sound banks.
- Unlimited user-created sounds; easy to save and load.
- Four multi-function oscillators (sine, triangle, square, sawtooth, and noise waveforms on each).
- Full filter control with dual LFOs and separate envelope control.
- Onboard transposition plus global master tuning.
- Designed for easy connection to any MIDI keyboard.
- Built-in parametric EQ with visual interface.
- Onboard basic 'scope aids sound shaping and leveling.
- MIDI channel selectable 1-16 plus omni mode.
- Selectable enable of patch change, volume, and pan signals.
- Onboard velocity keyboard.
- Full 32-voice polyphony.
- Zoomable interface (standalone - player).
- Fullscreen display for performance venues (standalone player).
- Works with popular notation programs and sequencers.
- Onboard sound treatment (chorus, reverb, echo, pan/x).
- Supports multiple instances.
- Switchable elements for control of graphical load.
- Pitchbend, MIDI, sustain pedal indication.