The Spatial Audio Designer (SAD) is the market leading high-performance pro audio tool for creating content and monitoring in surround and 3D. Users are e.g. movies, music, game, VR, events and industry.
The SAD enables the mixing and monitoring of any immersive (surround or 3D) format with speakers or standard headphones with any DAW.
Independently of the host DAW bus structures, the SAD enables the monitoring and mixing of all current and future audio formats. Stereo, 5.1, 7.1, Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 Bed, 11.1 and 22.2 are just a mouse click away from each other. If no appropriate loudspeaker system is available, the SAD provides the high quality, flexible and personally adjustable Headphone Surround 3D binaural loudspeaker virtualization for standard headphones.
Furthermore, the SAD can import panning and volume automation data. Hence, an existing multi-channel 5.1 mix session is just minutes away from being a discrete 7.1 mix and maybe a day of evolving to a 3D audio mix for cinema, home, 360/VR or mobile entertainment application.
For exhibition and event applications, the SAD is also available in unique configurations to mix with format independent loudspeaker arrays.
Besides all this, the Headphone Surround 3D technology (high quality binaural simulation) of the Spatial Audio Designer opens the door into a whole new dimension of audio production. Format independent mixes with multiple virtual loudspeaker arrays using all three dimensions and different locations at the same time can be built in one go. It is now possible to create music, film, radio-play, game and head-locked VR music and audio mixes with a sound like never heard before.
- Plug-in for any professional application such as music, film, game, sound design and multimedia.
- Mixing and monitoring with real speakers and common headphones.
- All common 2D audio formats like stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 are available.
- Support for all current and future 3D channel layouts like IMAX, 2+2+2+2, Dolby Atmos, MPEG-H, Auro-3D, DTS:X and 22.2.
- Unlimited amount of sources usable.
- Independent of the host bus structure.
- Import of DAW automation data.
- Custom made applications on demand for presentations and special venues.
- Support of the Eucon protocol for hardware controller access.
- Supports 32 / 64-bit DAWs.
- Licensing to computer hardware and/or standard USB stick (no special dongle).
- Headphone Surround 3D at its best.
- Sampling rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz. 88.2 kHz and higher are possible but not guaranteed. Depends on host DAW, OS and system.
New in free Version 2 Upgrade (current standard version):
- NOKIA's OZO Audio creation and export.
- Complete MPEG-H authoring and export in next Update.
- New: Virtual busses (enable mixing different formats at the same time):
- New Locations.
- New channel array configurations.
- Panner GUI in Send module.
- New and scalable GUI.
- Collapsing editing boxes.
- Host track name takeover in certain DAW versions.
- Enhanced processing to save CPU consumption.
- Retina display support.
- Enhanced I/O level display in the Send modules.
- Send level display.
- Enhanced mouse over parameter display and editing.
- Processing sync indicator.
- Internal buffer size management.
- Several Workflow enhancements.
- Several bug-fixes.
- Export function (internal & stand-alone).
The "In-One" Version of the Spatial Audio Designer is a version of the Plug-in that is suited to address monitoring needs.
That means that the user is enabled to have the headphone virtualization for monitoring purposes, but not all panning and routing options. If you want to "create" rather than "monitor" you must likely want to have a look at the Virtual Producer or greater licenses.