British Silver Machine
Synthi V completely captures the spirit of the unique analog synth that burst out of '70s London to inspire the entire emerging electronic music world—and it has new superpowers to inspire your world today.
The British-born EMS family of synths—featuring the sonically identical Synthi AKS and VCS3—were among the first to distil modular synthesizer functionality into a more portable form. Where most competitive designs like the Minimoog sacrificed flexibility to size and simplicity, EMS retained a modular heart through the genius of one of the first matrix patchbays to grace a synth. That additional versatility led to more experimentation outside of melodic norms and into the more electronic realms of psychedelia and sci-fi effects. Cue Pink Floyd's "On the Run" from "The Dark Side of the Moon" LP.
Synthi V is the perfect evolution of the synth that turned a lot of heads. Now you can use it to turn some heads of your own.
- A component-level model of the EMS Synthi AKS.
- 3 oscillators with waveform mix, noise generator, 18 dB/oct resonant filter, output section with spring reverb modelling.
- Modular architecture, allowing to route signals in unexpected ways.
- Ring Modulator, loopable Envelope Shaper, 2 axis Joystick and Sample and Hold modules for advanced modulations.
- Original keyboard sequencer module with sync to DAW tempo.
- 2 matrix behavior modes: modern and vintage for cross-talk simulation.
- 5 assignable voltage functions to create multi-point envelopes and LFOs synced to DAW tempo.
- Advanced joystick automation module for modulating parameters in a 2D space.
- Matrix pin amounts modulations possibilities (with 4 independent groups).
- 10 effects, Reverb Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Overdrive, Delay, ...
- Up to 4 voices of polyphony.
- Over 250 factory presets.