De-essing is also known as "frequency dependent compression," but whatever you call it, the idea is to control excessive sibilance (exaggerated "s" sounds), which can be particularly problematic on vocal tracks. The multiband capability is a feature that puts the De-Esser ahead of the competition making it precise and versatile on top of good sounding.
When set as 2 band mode the De-Esser works in a broader fashion, effectively reducing the high end content of the area set by the frequency selector. Switching to 3 bands mode allows more precision and control, particularly useful in situations like vocal tracks where sibilance is in a narrow range, and where there is the need to leave the higher part "air" untouched. The dedicated control set also allows you to precisely tailor the operating mode, and audition the de-essing action or the part of the audio spectrum the processor is working on.
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application.
- High-quality oversampling.
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors.
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices.
- Full-latency compensation support.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz.
- DSM and SCC proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices.
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems.
The Custom Shop:
- install all of the available modules at once.
- directly access Custom Shop online store from the module for immediate trial or purchase.
- try out any processor for a full 14 day trial period.
- purchase any module with credits (via Custom Shop) or currency (via Custom Shop or IK online store).