The Precision Comp Limiter is based on one of the legendary British compressors found in top-level studios worldwide. Originally produced in the '70's as an evolution of the previous 2254 model, it quickly became a much sought after unit for many audio applications, including music recording/mixing, mastering, post-production and broadcasting. Its sonic character is not as aggressive as that of many other popular units of the same era. Even when the unit is pushed to extreme settings, the compression is fairly gentle and retains a musical quality that doesn't "choke" or squash program material. Nevertheless, the compression effect is clearly distinguishable.
The modeling starts at the core, with the diode network used for the compression and the set of custom transformers responsible for the unique, fat and bold character; input and output transformers were so closely replicated that all of the hardware's inherent sonic signature is in there.
It just takes a listen to appreciate the fully modeled signal path, where compressor and limiter can be engaged or excluded separately, combining gain reductions and time constants for more complex and articulate results.
The interaction between the class-A circuitry and the custom transformers used in the signal path really do make a difference in how this units affects the audio quality of the tracks it's processing, even when no compression is applied.
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application.
- High-quality oversampling.
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors.
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices.
- Full-latency compensation support.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz.
- DSM and SCC proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices.
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems.
The Custom Shop:
- install all of the available modules at once.
- directly access Custom Shop online store from the module for immediate trial or purchase.
- try out any processor for a full 14 day trial period.
- purchase any module with credits (via Custom Shop) or currency (via Custom Shop or IK online store).