|Type / Tags||Drum SamplerStep Sequencer|
Tatapoum 4 is a combined drum sampler and pattern sequencer. It can be used in three ways:
- The Tatapoum Drum Sampler.
- The Tatapoum Pattern Sequencer.
- The Tatapoum Sampler and Sequencer together.
The Tatapoum Drum Sampler features 10 drums, each with:
- Solo, mute, load and preview controls.
- Pan, sample playback length, normal/reverse playback direction, full/fade playback envelope.
- Playback levels for high and low velocity, pitch control.
- Velocity to pitch bend (warp) feature, with pitch bend, rate and velocity sensitivity controls.
- Velocity to tone (filter) feature, with tone and velocity sensitivity controls.
- Velocity to sample start feature, with start positions for high and low velocity.
- 2 pairs of drums (2,3 and 7,8) with the "link" feature.
- In ( ) mode, the drums in the pair are independent.
- In [ALT] mode, triggering either drum plays the 2 drums alternately.
- In [RND] mode, triggering either drum plays one of the 2 drums at random.
- 2 pairs of drums (4,5 and 9,10) with the "exclusive" feature, triggering one drum stops the other.
The Tatapoum Pattern Sequencer features:
- 16 pads, add/remove triggers, set velocity, add/remove FX.
- 5 flexible effects (2 flam rolls + 2 feedback rolls + 1 reverse).
- 4 banks of 8 patterns = 32 patterns in all.
- Saveable and loadable pattern sets.
- Pulse divide.
- Up to 16 steps in each pattern, and pattern chaining, for longer sequences.
- Forward or reverse pattern play direction.
Tatapoum 4 is available for Windows as a VST instrument and as a SynthEdit project source file (GPL licensed).