UNMIX:DRUMS is a plugin that allows attenuating or boosting drums in mixed music, in real-time. Using advanced source signal separation (a.k.a. de-mixing, unmixing, sound extraction, sound isolation) technology under the hood, UNMIX:DRUMS provides frequency dependent drum level control that ranges from up to +18dB of boost to virtually complete removal* – while always sounding great. Whether used on a full mix or on a drum bus, UNMIX:DRUMS can be used to shape and enhance the impact of drums in a unique new way. Sporting an intuitive multi-level GUI, frequency dependent control of key parameters, a sample accurate sub-bass (re)synthesizer, a high-precision analyzer display, M/S operation and an output limiter, UNMIX:DRUMS opens up exciting new options for mastering, music production, sample-based music creation, mash-up artists, remixers and DJs.
* Actually achievable amounts depend on input signal specifics.
The UNMIX:DRUMS features at a glance:
- Source Separation-Based Control of Drum Level in Mixed Music.
- SMOOTH and PUNCHY Boost Modes.
- Sample-Accurate Sub-Bass (Re)Synthesizer.
- Frequency Dependent Control of Key Parameters.
- Intuitive 3-way GUI Design.
Applications for UNMIX:DRUMS include:
- Balancing drums against the rest of a song in mastering.
- Restoring dynamics to over-limited music in mastering.
- Unique EQ alternative for mixed music.
- Suppression of drums in sampled audio to remove "clashing" or "flamming" when mixing with new content.
- Pre-procesing for drum extraction to create new drum-kits.
- Drum suppression for Mash-Up creation.
- "Drum Kill Switch" for Dj applications.
- Pre-processing for voice extraction or similar applications.
- Creative tweaking of drum stems - this can be used as a very unique dynamics processor/EQ hybrid.
UNMIX:DRUMS supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz, mono and stereo, as AAX native, AU, RTAS and VST, on Mac & Windows.