VidPlayVST is a plugin for producers composing music synchronised to video. It uses FFmpeg, which is an Open Source library of tools for working with video and audio data in multiple formats. The plugin is able to open and play video files in any format supported by FFmpeg.
If you have a video file formatted with any freely licensed codec, then VidPlayVST will probably be able to open and play it.
- Facility to pick out a specific cue from a longer video reel.
- Loop mode, which can be useful for live performance or rolling presentations.
- By default video start synchronises to time zero in the host transport. Optionally, a MIDI note C can be used to trigger playback at any other project position.
- Resizable plug-in window and, optionally, the video may be viewed in a detached window or full screen.
- The video may be viewed at its original aspect ratio or scaled to fit a chosen window size.
- The plug-in plays audio if it is present within the video file, or it can be muted.
- Option to display SMPTE timecode.
- Designed to be light on computer resources so it can be used within complex audio projects.
- Supports in-DAW video rendering using companion plug-in VidRenderVST.