|Type / Tags||Video Player|
VidPlayVST is a plugin for producers composing music synchronised to video. It uses FFmpeg, which is an Open Source library of tools for working with video and audio data in multiple formats. The plugin is able to open and play video files in any format supported by FFmpeg (as of August 2016).
If you have a video file formatted with any freely licensed codec, then VidPlayVST will probably be able to open and play it.
- Loop mode may be set with loop points to cycle through a sub-section of the video.
- By default video playback starts at time zero in the host transport. Optionally, a MIDI note C can be sent to the plugin to cue the start of the video.
- The plugin window is resizable and, optionally, the video may be viewed in a detached window or full screen.
- The video may be viewed at its original aspect ratio or scaled to fit a chosen window size.
- The plugin plays audio if it is present within the video file, or it can be muted. So, this is an easy way to extract audio from a video file and use it in your own production.
- Designed to be light on computer resources so it can be used within complex audio projects.
- Supports in-DAW video rendering using add-on component VidRenderVST.
Reviewed By ionekvr
August 21, 2018
This is an incredibly useful plugin -- great for just about any DAW that has issues with or is missing video support. Even just as a secondary tool for display on more than one screen, for example. Also supports a bunch of codecs that many DAW engines don't support. Great little plugin, deserves more attention, and great developer too who has added a very useful render feature as well, which most DAWS lack. Easy 5 stars, and a great price too.Read more