Vienna Ensemble is a free mixing and host software application that is automatically installed with Vienna Instruments. It is available for all registered Vienna Instruments users.
Vienna Ensemble Features:
- Custom-made for hosting Vienna Instruments.
- Full surround support adhering to ITU standards (up to 7.1), touch parameter automation for total control of all plug-ins on slave computers, and a transport function to start/stop the sequencer from within the application.
- Users can route audio signals directly from their DAW into Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, e.g., to turn it into a virtual FX rack on their slave computer.
- Optional integration of Vienna MIR PRO, which can be opened with a single click from within Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, routing the channel's signal directly to the Vienna MIR PRO application.
- Stand-alone application, ideal for running Vienna Instruments on external Macs and PCs: 8 ports with 16 MIDI channels each.
- Plug-in formats RTAS (Mac PPC & Intel), AU (Mac PPC & Intel) and VST (PC and Mac PPC & Intel) for use with a host sequencer: 16 MIDI channels per instance.
- Instant instrument switching gives immediate access to all instruments within the Vienna Ensemble user interface. A click on the desired instrument channel brings up its user interface instantly, no more redundant screen clutter.
- Instrument naming – all Vienna Instruments instances inside Vienna Ensemble can be labeled for a complete, at-a-glance overview.
- Total recall – orchestra setups can be saved with one click.
- Definable play ranges for multi-instrument set-ups for studio and live use.
- Inserts for AU (Mac) and VST (PC) effect plug-ins.
- Panning and Power Panning for precise positioning.
- Flexible routing with freely assignable busses.
- Separated server solution that utilizes additional free memory, leaving host sequencer memory or memory used by additional Vienna Instruments plug-ins unaddressed.
- Optional one-click integration of Vienna MIR PRO (sold separately).