Woodwinds II is part of the Symphonic Cube, which consists of ten "Vienna Instruments Collections". Woodwinds II features the following instruments:
- Flute 2.
- Alto flute.
- Viennese oboe.
- English horn 1.
- English horn 2.
- Small clarinet in Eb.
- Bass clarinet.
- Contra bassoon.
- Interval Performances: legato, marcato; fast & slow.
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato; crescendo & diminuendo.
- Viennese oboe – Performance Repetition upbeats.
- Performance Trills.
- Grace Note Performances: minor 2nd to octave, up & down.
- Runs: major, minor, chromatic, whole tone; up & down.
- Piccolo, flutes – arpeggios: major, minor, diminished triads; legato & staccato; medium & fast.
- Piccolo, Viennese oboe – mordents: legato & staccato, 12 variations.
- Short notes: staccato, short portato, long portato.
- Long notes: sustains with various attacks and vibratos.
- Dynamics: crescendo & diminuendo in various note lengths; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp.
- Trills: half tone, whole tone; crescendo & diminuendo.
- Flutter tonguing.
- Contrabassoon – FX techniques.
The Vienna Instrument Engine:
- Powerful proprietary streaming audio engine, developed by Vienna Symphonic Library's Christian Teuscher.
- Up to 3,456 Articulations (Patches) on one MIDI channel.
- RAM pre-load of up to 25,600 stereo samples (based on 1.6 GB available RAM under Windows; 48,000 samples on a 3 GB Mac G5).
- 64 stereo voices per instance streaming from disk.
- Extremely low load times (average 1 sec. per Patch) using pre-caching.
- Lossless real-time de-compression for using less RAM and hard disk resources.
- RAM Optimizer kicks unused samples out of RAM.
- Pre-configured Patches.
- Performance Detection algorithms integrated in Patches without the need to switch manually between articulations.
- Trigger comprehensive sets of articulations using hardware controllers (MIDI learn), key switches, and speed, without ever leaving the current MIDI channel.
- Layer Articulations for simultaneous or crossfade performances in one Preset.
- Easily design your own Instruments using Drag & Drop.
- Switch Velocity Crossfades and Release Control on/off on the fly.