This little instrument is a simple 8-string fretless zither, roughly 12 x 20 inches in size. Zithers are a broad family of hollow-bodied string instruments common throughout all of Europe and Asia. Variants range from the dulcimer to the Koto, with countless other ﬂavors unique to each region and culture. Common to each of them is the arrangement of multiple strings over a neck-less soundbox. The oldest known variant of the zither family dates back to 4th century B.C China. Zitherette has a smooth, dark tone, with a clean biting attack and long, natural decay. At it's softest, it has a pristine, almost harp-like sound, while the hardest notes bend deeply at the attack, with a pronounced twang.
Zitherette contains lots of sound-shaping controls that offer ﬂexibility to warp the sound in many ways. Controls including Volume Swell, Attack, Release, Transient Offset, Vibrato, Filters, Tuning, articulation switching, cross-fading and layering.
Each string has an average of 8 velocity layers, with 4 round-robin variations per layer. As well as palm mute release triggers, with 2 velocities and 4 round robins per note. The full pluck and palm mute articulations are chromatically mapped with all 8 notes. In addition, each individual note is accessible as a single articulation, mapped to it's root key and chromatically spread up and down the entire range. The library also contains a variety of custom sound-designed FX patches, extending the creative possibilities even further.
- Product version 2.0.
- 1 master NKI instrument banks in open Kontakt format.
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- Multi-sampled acoustic articulations and designed atmospheric ambiences.
- 319 stereo samples.
- 766 MB Installed.
- 24-bit, 48 kHz Stereo PCM Wav Format.
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator.
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments.