I use this plugin as visualiser to see what notes are being played. I use it with chord generators or when i want to see what notes were recorded during previous recording session. I dont use QWERTY keyboard as input - i use 88 key MIDI keyboard - so i cant judge on the features regarding QWERTY input.
I tested several similar plugins and this is the ONLY ONE that has everything:
- no octave limit - i can display all 7+ octaves of my 88 MIDI keyboard.
- keyboard is resizable with absolutely no size limit - i have 30" LCD display and the keyboard is resized edge to edge with nice height too.
- keywidth is also resizable.
- you can scroll the keyboard left / right by 1 key increment so you can choose EXACT crop of the displayed keyboard range (this is something i couldnt find on any other program - ussually the left / right scrolling jumps by whole octave increments)
- all the size config is REMEMBERED so you adjust the size once and it loads like that everytime you load the VST in future.
- display octave or note names for quick orientation.
- customisable color for active keys to make things high contrast.
- fading is nice bonus - the keys that are released do not loose color immediatelly with Note off message but the color fades down slowly (can be set in miliseconds) - this is nice for piano beginners.
- in Reaper the VST integrates flawlessly and reacts to notes from timeline MIDI clips, notes played live via MIDI keyboard, notes played by any plugin that preceeds this plugin in chain - all at once - no issues... the window can be in foreground or background and always works...
- the tiny icon bars can be hidden and window resized so you ONLY see the black and white keys and nothing else - very very clean design.
Check the DEMO it made me buy it after making sure all the above checks.
For 19 USD i didnt find any plugin that would combine ALL these benefits IN ONE... Congrats for WELL THOUGHT OUT PLUGIN.