Synthelium is a virtual instrument inspired by the classic synthesizers of the 70s and 80s. Features a wide collection of 50 tones emulated of synth leads, pads, keys, basses, atmos and effects sounds to create electronic, rock, metal, smooth jazz, pop, hip hop, trance, EDM, and new age music, among others. The pads and atmos presets also makes it suitable for soundscapes and cinematic, as well as ambient and atmospheric textures. Sounds can be modulated with filter section, envelope generator and effects to give a vast array of custom sounds. Available as plugin in VST 32-bit and 64-bit and VST3 64-bit versions for Windows as well as in Audio Unit, VST and VST3 for macOS. Also available in EXS24 and Kontakt Sample Libraries.
• Quick selector to switch between different preset sounds:
01 • ATMOS - Crypto Signals 02 • ATMOS - Distant Galaxy 03 • ATMOS - Etherphone Particles 04 • ATMOS - Quasar Pattern 05 • ATMOS - Stellarium 06 • ATMOS - Stroboscopic Waves 07 • BASS - Dynamic Bass 08 • BASS - Gargoyle Bassline 09 • BASS - Percussive Bass 10 • BASS - Reso Bass 11 • BASS - Smooth Bass 12 • KEYS - Psychonautics 13 • KEYS - Sagittarius 14 • KEYS - Soft Overdriven 15 • KEYS - Sonic Kaleidoscope 16 • KEYS - Wah Resonance 17 • LEAD - Alchemical Transmutation 18 • LEAD - Alpha Centauri 19 • LEAD - Formant Spacing 20 • LEAD - Fusion Power Saw 21 • LEAD - Helium Atom 22 • LEAD - Hypnotic Trance 23 • LEAD - Magmatic Squarewave 24 • LEAD - Polyphonic Sawtooth 25 • LEAD - Quantum Morph 26 • LEAD - Resonant Glide 27 • LEAD - Sonoluminescence 28 • LEAD - Terra Wavesphere 29 • LEAD - Trance Wave 30 • LEAD - Unearthly Translucence 31 • PAD - Breathy Texture 32 • PAD - Cinematic Symphonia 33 • PAD - Cognitive Sequencing 34 • PAD - Eclectic Thoughts 35 • PAD - Ethereal Ambient 36 • PAD - Exogenous Molecules 37 • PAD - Glassy Dreams 38 • PAD - Mellow Heavenly Breeze 39 • PAD - Mystical Soundscape 40 • PAD - Orchestral Strings 41 • PAD - Rising Star 42 • PAD - Shimmer Crystal 43 • PAD - Somber Time Trip 44 • PAD - Spectrum Sweep 45 • PAD - Subtle Formant 46 • PAD - Ultra-Deep Planet 47 • PAD - Warm Strings Lovescape 48 • SFX - Alien Embryo 49 • SFX - Cosmic Revelation 50 • SFX - Cyberspace Microwaves.
• Tremolo Section: The low-frequency oscillator knobs apply modulation to the selected instrument. By using the LFO to modulate various aspects of the audio signal, you can apply effects such as vibrato or tremolo. Enabling 'Destination' by selecting 'Panning' mode applies a rhythmic variation in amplitude in the stereo field. • Rate: This knob controls the frequency. Turn clockwise for a faster modulation rate. • Depth: This knob controls the amplitude. With a lower setting, the resulting modulation is subtle, while a higher depth will result in a much more extreme effect.
The following combo boxes settings adds motion or variability to sounds: • WaveForm: Switches between 'Triangle', 'Sine', 'Saw', 'Square' and 'Exponential' waveforms. • Source: Switches between 'Modulation Wheel', 'Aftertouch' and 'Velocity'. • Destination: Switches between 'Pitch', 'Expression' and 'Pan' modulation.
• ADSR envelope generator with Attack, Sustain, Decay and Release parameters: • Attack determines the time it takes for the note to get to the maximum level. • Decay determines the time it takes for the note to go from the maximum level to the sustain level (controlled by Sustain). • Sustain determines level the sound is played at while the note is held (after the other envelope states, Attack and Decay, have been completed). • Release determines the time it takes for the note to fall from the sustain level to zero (silence) level when it is released.
• Pitch Bend: The Pitch Bend knob directly changes the pitch of the selected instrument. • Pitch Bend center position: is normal pitch. • Pitch Bend down: Specifies the amount of pitch change that will occur when the pitch bend/modulation lever is moved to the left. • Pitch Bend up: Specifies the amount of pitch change that will occur when the pitch bend/modulation lever is moved the right.
• Reverb built-in: provides a spaciousness and depth to simulate the sound reflections from walls, floors and ceilings following a sound created in an acoustically reflective environment. Small rooms can be modeled as well as large spaces.
• Filter Type. Combo box to switch between the following options: • Low Pass (LPF): a filter that passes signals with a frequency lower than a certain cutoff frequency and attenuates signals with frequencies higher than the cutoff frequency. • High Pass (HPF): a filter that passes signals with a frequency higher than a certain cutoff frequency and attenuates signals with frequencies lower than the cutoff frequency. • None: No filter is applied. • Cutoff Frequency Filter: Sets the cutoff frequency for the low pass and high pass filters.
• Amplitude Range Parameters: It controls the loudness, the way in which we perceive amplitude.The sensitivity level is set by the user: • Amplitude range (low) - sets amplitude range, lower bound (dB) • Amplitude range (high) - sets amplitude range, upper bound (dB).
• Volume: Adjusts the volume of the instrument.
• Panning potentiometer control: Set the panning of the instrument. Adjusts the stereo pan position of the signal output, which determines how much of signal is sent to the left and right channels.
• Spatial auralization: Synthesizer emulations brings a stereophonic sound panning to increase the audible perspective, even without using the built-in reverberation or LFO pan effect.
• MIDI CC Automation: Implementation of MIDI Continuous Controller parameters for use with external hardware control via DAW.