9th November 2010
MakeMusic has updated Finale 2011 to 2011b, a free maintenance update for Windows and Mac OS X. The following new features and fixes apply to both Macintosh and Windows unless otherwise noted.
Fixes in Finale 2011b:
- Expressions: Expressions are no longer duplicated and linked to one another in specific files.
- Extract Parts: Extract Parts now correctly saves to Program Files\Finale 20011b, and will not concatenate the entire file path into the file name. (Windows only).
- File menu: Opening a specific file no longer causes a crash. (Macintosh only).
- All Finale document fonts are now recognized in other MakeMusic products including SmartMusic, PrintMusic, Finale NotePad and Finale Reader. (Macintosh Only).
- Font type names now work consistently in non-U.S. operating systems. (Macintosh Only).
- Type into Score now advances correctly when the Enter key is used. (Windows only).
- All lyrics, including those on the first system, now update when their fonts are changed via the Lyric Window. (Macintosh only).
- Changes to a user's "Configuration Files" location no longer cause the updater to rename the Mac OS folder within the Finale application. (Macintosh only).
- The updater no longer changes the Mac OS folder within the Finale application. (Macintosh only).