21st November 2006
MHC has released Pianos v1.0, the third plug-in in MHC's series of hybrid synthesizers which combine a set of samples / waveforms with synthesizer functions and an effect section.
Pianos includes 1024 piano presets and the user may edit the synthesizer and effect parameters to create his or her own piano sounds.
Main features are:
- 1024 presets, which are available in three soundpacks (included when purchasing the plug-in). A soundpack is an expansion which adds new piano waveforms and a set of presets.
- Hundreds of piano waveforms/samples.
- Supports sustain pedal (and other MIDI controllers).
- Crossfading and layered effects include distortion, filter banks, a resonator, flanger, sub oscillation, amp modulation, pitch shift, etc.
- All knobs can be mapped to MIDI controllers with a simple "learn" function.
- Ensemble with adjustable amount and mix. Stereo delays.
- Full polyphony. Only your CPU sets the limit or you may set a fixed voice limit.
- Manual (PDF).
Pianos costs $99, including the three soundpacks. It is initially available as a VST instrument for Windows with a Mac OS X AU version expected to be released within a couple of weeks. A demo version is available.
15 Jun 2010 MHC updates Industrial Tones for Mac to v1.5.3
04 Jun 2010 MHC updates Ambient Keys for Mac to v1.5.3
19 Oct 2007 MHC releases Extreme for Mac OS X AU
04 Oct 2007 MHC releases Extreme
21 Nov 2006 MHC release Pianos v1.0 for Windows
17 Oct 2006 MHC releases Industrial Tones for Mac OS X
05 Oct 2006 MHC releases Industrial Tones v1.0