Sony Creative Software has released new versions of its Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro [Win/Mac] applications. These products can be purchased separately or together in the new Audio Master Suite Mac bundle.
Sound Forge Pro Mac, now in Version 2, comes with the addition of new features as a result of customer requests. These features include: batch processing, refined metering for discriminating mastering and broadcast professionals, more processing tools, and event editing improvements. The free SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 update features seamless interoperability with Sound Forge Pro Mac, an efficient reverb removal process, an improved noise reduction algorithm, expanded noise removal process options, and user interface improvements.
While Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 and SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 are standalone applications, both are now configured to work seamlessly with each other, providing a comprehensive editing environment that combines deep waveform and spectrum editing capabilities.
"Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro are evolving rapidly, " said Dave Chaimson, divisional vice president of Sony Creative Software. "Adding comprehensive batch processing functionality to Sound Forge Pro Mac fulfills our single most frequent customer request, and the new processing options available via the included Nectar Elements plug-in represent an unparalleled value. Mac-based SpectraLayers Pro users will now be able to enjoy the sensational Sound Forge Pro interoperability experience previously available only on the Windows platform, as well as the new reverb removal and noise reduction features we've built into the free SpectraLayers Pro update."
The interoperability feature that now unifies the cross-platform Sound Forge Pro and SpectraLayers Pro product lines first became available for Windows-based platforms in July 2013, with the release of Sound Forge Pro 11 [Win] and SpectraLayers Pro 2 [Win/Mac]. With the release of Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 and SpectraLayers Pro 2.1, this seamless interoperability is now mirrored across platforms.
Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 New Features:
- Convrt Batch Processing Automation Tool. A freestanding utility for mass file format conversions, plug-in signal and effects processing treatments, and file metadata attachments including art. Convrt can handle repetitive chores in the background while recording and editing audio in the Sound Forge Pro Mac workspace.
- Interoperability with SpectraLayers Pro 2.1. Transfer audio data between Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro and experience the thrill of working freely across the world's premiere waveform and spectral editing applications.
- iZotope Nectar Elements. The included Nectar Elements plug-in makes vocal treatment a snap. Get great results quickly by loading one of Nectar's professionally designed Style presets and then customizing your sound by adjusting dedicated controls.
- Loudness Meters. Win the volume war with new metering options. EBU R128/CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act) compliant metering helps you follow the new rules while maximizing the dynamic range potential of your audio.
- Event Mode Improvements. Convert regions to events, lock event markers, region markers, and envelope points to events, and automatically ripple successive events forward in time while editing.
- FLAC file format support. Generate files in this popular lossless format that features space-saving compression and comprehensive metadata-handling capabilities.
- Auto Trim/Crop tool. Automatically remove unnecessary silence in a sound file while fading the edges of program segments in and out with user-controlled fade lengths.
SpectraLayers Pro 2.1 New Features:
- Free update for registered SpectraLayers Pro 2.0 users; purchase price unchanged.
- Interoperability with Sound Forge Pro Mac. Effortlessly move audio data between SpectraLayers Pro and Sound Forge Pro Mac and enjoy the strengths of both programs in a seamless process.
- Reverb removal process. Reduce or eliminate reverb in the spectral domain with just a few clicks.
- Improved noise reduction algorithm. Subtract more noise with less impact on the program material.
- Noise reduction process option. Send program material directly to a new layer.
Audio Master Suite Mac:
- Value. Buy Sound Forge Pro Mac and SpectraLayers Pro together and save.
- Comprehensive. Take advantage of the benefits of waveform and spectral editing in a seamless environment.
Price and Availability
Sound Forge Pro Mac software (MSRP $299.95), SpectraLayers Pro software (MSRP $399.95 Mac/Win), and both applications bundled in the Audio Master Suite package (MSRP $499.95) are now available for digital download, with physical products available February 1, 2014.
For more information, or to purchase, please visit: www.sonycreativesoftware.com.