LiveSlice is out now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zoom is not implemented yet, it's on my list though, both in the slicer and the arranger.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

fabi the underachiever wrote:yay, new flash demos since i last checked. :)
once i have money, i think i'll shell out. beginning of november, then. :D
cool, just saw that my demo became a flash-video 8) .. i'm honored. :)
this plug is worth every cent, everyone looking for an easy and intuitive way to slice up sounds should get it.

c1c2 wrote:@ loachm:
Same here. All the high-rated "pro-plugs" inside my DAW..
But this one looks like one of those nice small plugs to get sth. going
immediately.

More and more I realize how much money and time I have wasted in the past..
... I've tried out LiveSlice extensively the last two days - it is really an amazing tool for an amazing price! Two and half years ago I would have sold my soul that (no kidding), but now I doubt that I would have any use for it because of Live 5. But I recommend LiveSlice highly to anyone, who is interested in manipulating loops and thinks Live 5 would be too expensive. LiveSlice seems to be perfect for rearranging loops - add a wave-recorder and it's almost a little host in itself.

hmm... i know this thing suits 'me', but i don't know where to put it, yet. i wish it could use/sample live input as loops.
i will have to check if there's a simple loop recorder, that could place whatever i throw at it, in the samples directory of liveslice. that would fit in nicely with my workflow. :)

also have to go and check the demo again, to see what will be automatable, so i'll know within which host i will use this primarily...

fabi: live recording is on my list, I used that personally all the time when liveslice was a buzz machine, so it will be implemented soon, it's not that complicated really, as you may have noticed liveslice already has an (unused) audio input.
Regarding automation it't one way only at the moment, that is liveslice does not send automation info to the host, with up to 256 slices and 32 tracks that would be a very very long parameter list. Instead I choose to let all parameters be midi controllable so the host can record the midi automation.

loachm wrote:but now I doubt that I would have any use for it because of Live 5.
well, that might fit your needs, but it's not as easy to rearrange loops in live as in liveslice.
fabi the underachiever wrote:i wish it could use/sample live input as loops.
it's on the todo-list ;)

[edit]ups, ohm beat me to that ;)[/edit]

ohm wrote:fabi: live recording is on my list, I used that personally all the time when liveslice was a buzz machine, so it will be implemented soon, it's not that complicated really, as you may have noticed liveslice already has an (unused) audio input.
Regarding automation it't one way only at the moment, that is liveslice does not send automation info to the host, with up to 256 slices and 32 tracks that would be a very very long parameter list. Instead I choose to let all parameters be midi controllable so the host can record the midi automation.
thank you, that's great to hear. i did notice the audio in, but i am not that tech-savy, so i ignored it... ;)

i am happy to hear that liveslice doesn't send automation to the host - that's something i can work with.
i just hate it when some plugins have different parameters that do or do not get recorded by the host... that way, it either records when it doesn't, or doesn't when it should - and to make things worse, usually a mix of both, at all the wrong moments.

at least this way i know that i can tweak away without it coming back to haunt me. :D

thanks also to r.a.w. for jumping in ;)

Is it possible to use LiveSlice in ACID 5 and Sonar 4/5? If so, how? I want to control parameters via midi in ACID. Do I use envelopes or do I need to route it to a midi track? Any chance of some set-up walk-throughs for each host? Confused of London.

set-up walk-throughs for each host
yes, that would be nice. I'm downloading demos of ACID as we speak, perhaps some ACID / Sonar users here can be of assistance?

I'm contemplating setting up a LiveSlice pitstop section on livelab.dk with guides and tips and stuff, to make it easier for new users. I'll keep you posted.

The manual already contain tips for Traction, Cubase and Audiomulch. It's straightforward to set up in all the modular hosts, so that's not documented. Perhaps you can use the info for cubase in your hosts?

- Jacob

by the way, i can't find system requirements on the site, ohm. might be helpful for people to know what OS it runs on etc. just posted about liveslice on another forum, and they ran into that.

EDIT: nevermind about the osX port, i knew i had read some info about that on your site... :roll:

Added system requirements to the site. it runs on just about any windows machine, haven't tested it on windows 95 though :-). System requirements are pretty low too, unless you load 32 very long loops or play back 32 arrangements simultaniously that is. Like any sampler, very high polyphony uses some CPU.

- Jacob

R.A.W. wrote:well, that might fit your needs, but it's not as easy to rearrange loops in live as in liveslice.
oh, yes it is, once you get used to live's sample offset - it's a bit abstract, though, because of not showing an "updated" view of the rearranged loop.

But I have to think about LiveSlice again, as a REX-File and Apple Loop import is planned, if I remember correctly. That's one of the few downsides of Live, as it will - at least from what I have heard - never support these formats, and I'd prefer REX-Files for some operations (...not to mention the shitload of REX-Files from the various sample libraries I own...). So I guess, I will be playing with LiveSlice's demo a bit longer and watch its further development.

Just another thought - I guess, LiveSlice could also be used as some sort of a step sequencer with simple drumsounds - that way people don't have to worry that something like Redrum isn't available as VST...

How does it compare top Phatmatic Pro, which was supposed to be updated for PC but hasnt as far as I know?

...totally different - beatslicers like Phatmatik have to work with a @%&/($?= piano-roll midi editor whereas in LiveSlice you'd be able to rearrange loops via some sort of drag 'n drop. I think it's much easier and faster to work with such an application as it is very visual - you can see the "waveform" of your rearranged loop. Just watch the little flash movies at www.livelab.dk and you'll get the idea.

yeah, I wrote it because I used to be allergic against piano rolls. They just don't quite work for drums, unless you are really good at remembering stuff like "that second open hihat with a more metallic sound is triggered by F#4" etc. etc. With liveslice you can see the different sounds immediately. Differences in timbre means different colors in the display.

Return to “Instruments”